5

Image: ZIL. I do not have any rights to this image. It's just to help the imagination of readers.
***************

ZENITH

As soon as I got dressed in black jeans and a grey tank top, I made my way to the pack house without bothering to look for Kenzo. If he needed distance from me, that's what he'll get. I am never the clingy type of person.

As soon as I was in front of Zil's room, I had this urge to talk to her. She is the only friend I've got here even though we know each other only for a day.

Back at my pack, I never had any girls as friends. Aiden and Davian are my only friends. Here I've got Zil. It's nice to have her as my friend.

I pushed open the door which was unlocked, "Zil, I need-" but I stopped mid-sentence when I saw what was happening in front of me. My eyes widened and my cheeks felt hot with embarrassment.

Both Zil and Rowan were totally naked and they were doing something dirty. Eww, gross. Gross. Gross.

"Fuck, I am sorry." I quickly muttered and ran out of the room after slamming the door behind me.

I never in my life thought I would walk in on someone again. The first time I walked in on was Aiden. He wasn't with any girl but he was naked on his bed orgasming while groaning and grunting as he masturbated. That shit was so awkward and embarrassing to both the parties involved. Not to mention gross. I just couldn't unsee that scene. It kept making its way back to my mind sometimes making me groan in embarrassment.

Being werewolves, it's kinda common being naked around others when we shift into our wolves and back. But then again, the penises won't be hard at that time. This is my second time looking at the naked erect penis whose I shouldn't have looked at. I mean, Aiden is like a brother to me and so is Rowan although I met him like... right now.

I should be looking at my mate in that way. Only him. Oh wait, isn't he busy avoiding me?

I sat on the bench under a tree near the pack house. Whatever I walked in on right now, was what mates should be doing. But why did my mate run out of the room and away from me, who was semi-naked and in front of him? Am I ugly? Does he not like me? I never thought I was ugly. Never in my life. I didn't think I was an exceptional beauty but I definitely didn't think I was ugly. No one made me feel like this until now.

Maybe he just accepted me for his wolf and not because he wanted me. I heard wolves can't live without their mate once they find them. It weakens them to be apart. Maybe that's why Kenzo wanted me to be here.

He was the big bad wolf everyone says he was, after all. The rumors must be true.

I mean it makes sense, right? I was always the unwanted one anyways. But never had I ever felt lonely and unwanted like this after I joined Shadow Moon pack.

When I was abandoned by my so-called mother, I did feel lonely. I mean who doesn't? I was fucking ten. But now it hurts, even more, to be rejected by your mate. It feels like someone is pulling at my heartstrings. It hurts. I wasn't familiar with this kind of hurt. I would rather be physically hurt.

"Zenith, hey." Zil chirped as she sat beside me.

I forced a smile. "I'm sorry. I should have knocked."

She shook her head and smiled. "It's fine. It's funny, though. Kenzo walked in on us once and we still laugh about it sometimes."

"He did?" I should have seen his face then. I laughed imagining that.

Zil laughed too. "Oh, he sure did. And you really should have seen his face when I walked in on him." Okay, and now that is something I don't want to imagine. Ever. Zil realized what she said and apologize. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to say that."

"It's fine." I nodded. I suddenly felt like crying but then I remembered that I vowed myself that I would never cry so I bit back my tears. I will never let my tears slip for someone who doesn't care about me. I will never let my weak-side show.

"Are you okay?" Zil asked worriedly. I can see the worry in her face. I nodded not trusting my voice right now. I just wanted to go back to Silver Moon pack and have a movie night with Dave and Aid while having a pint of ice cream. At least I have Dave and Aiden, who I can always trust. Always.

"What? No, you will kill us if you do that." Azi argued.

I scoffed internally. "Do you really want to live alone and in misery all your life?"

"Don't do that. He loves you. I can feel it. Maybe he has a reason? You didn't even give him a chance to explain." Azi tried to reason with me but I'm not having it.

"Explain? As if actions aren't enough to break your heart- Our heart, you need words?" I snapped.

Azi whimpered and cut the link between us.

It's even more heartbreaking when I admit it to myself that I am unwanted. Even to my mate who was literally born for me, to love me with all his heart and protect me as per the werewolves legends.

If this was the case now, how would he act when he found out what I am? I bet he'll kill me.

Fae are rare in this world. They are mostly confined to their own realm for safety because their blood is so precious and so are their powers to the other supernatural beings.

I read in an ancient book in Alpha Titan's library that fae blood gives immortality to werewolves. I also read that fae are very powerful and each has different kinds of powers like healing, mind-controlling, energy blasting, nature controlling, enchanting, etc. But each fae has only one main power. It's what mentioned in the book.

The interesting thing is I have all the powers. How is that even possible? I blasted a little bit of energy on that rapist werewolf earlier which burned him inside out. I accidentally burned a Vampire to ashes once because he tried to kill me. I learned how to control my powers later.

Maybe I am a freak and that's why my mother abandoned me. Maybe I'm an abomination who shouldn't even be born in the first place.

"Earth to Zenith." Zil brought me back from my train of thoughts. "What are you thinking so hard about?" She asked amusement and concern lacing her voice.

"Um- nothing." I fake smiled. I don't need any more questions right now. I already have a bunch of questions that I don't have answers to.

Maybe I should just take a break from all this mate drama and look for the answers? Maybe then I will find out the purpose of my life.

Zil smiled genuinely and side hugged me which gave me some sort of comfort. I really wish I have more friends who I don't have to lie and hide my powers. "Come on, Kenzo is looking for you."

Is he, now? Is he done with keeping his distance already? Whatever, let's see what my so-called mate wants.

*********************
A/N
Don't worry!! Zenith is a badass but sometimes we can't help. Feelings get in the way when it comes to our loved ones.

Hope you liked the book so far.