30

Image: Cleo.
I do not have any rights to the image.
***************************

KENZO

Zenith found her dad. Her biological father. I knew she was overwhelmed and anxious. I could feel it.

I guess I didn't believe it when my parents suggested that Cassian might be my mates father because even though they share a few similar features, I've known him all my life. He and my dad were just friends so obviously we would have known if he had a daughter other than Akira.

With those thoughts in mind, I tried my very best to divert Zenith's mind. I don't want her to have false hopes about Cassian being her father. She would be devastated if she hoped he was her father only to find out that he's not.

But fortunately, all my assumptions were wrong. Cassian was indeed her father and I assumed, he had a very good reason for not being in her life all these years because Zenith wasn't as sad as I thought she would be.

I just hoped to the moon goddess she will be fine and be willing to share what happened yesterday with Cassian. I was curious. Very much. But I don't want to stress her by bombarding questions at her. I know she will open up to me and I will give her time.

When we were back in our room, I know she was exhausted as was I. But it was a stressful day to zenith more than me. So I am gonna take care of her until she is asleep.

I slowly unzipped her Golden dress which I bought for her. The moment I saw that dress, I knew it was made for her. She was perfect in it. I slowly and carefully undressed her and put her on the bed. I stripped myself to my boxers and climbed into bed beside her and slipped into the quilt. Soon sleep took over.

In my sleep, I felt the tingles on my lower lip and I felt myself awaken with my mate's touch but I didn't open my eyes. I wanted to know what my naughty mate was gonna do.

She then cupped to my cheek and I involuntarily felt myself leaning into her touch. Her touch was soothing and calming me.

Then I felt her soft lips on my forehead and the tip of my nose. She kissed me and it felt so comforting to know that my mate likes me. I had to stifle my happiest grin.

Then I felt her arm snake around my torso and she snuggled into me and said something which made me forget how to breathe.

"I love you, Kenzo. Please don't break my heart."

'What did you just say?' I wanted to say but all my muscles were frozen in shock. I couldn't speak or move.

And then my heartbeat sped up. This was the happiest day of my life so far.

My mate loves me?

I love you, Kenzo. I love you, Kenzo. Her sweet voice kept repeating in my head.

Ray howled in happiness. I wanted to shift and howl in happiness letting all my pack members know that I am happy.

I don't know when, but I fell asleep finally and when I woke up and opened my eyes, my head was in between her bra clad milky white breasts.

All the things that happened last night came flooding back and I grinned at her.

I love you, Kenzo. I should've recorded it. I wanted to hear it on repeat.

I didn't want to tell her yet but I decided that I'm gonna take her out on a date and romantically propose to her. I want it to be memorable for both of us.

"What got you so happy early in the morning?" She asked in her sleepy voice which made my groin tighten instantly.

I smiled at her. "You." She frowned. "Your presence, baby. Just you being beside me makes me happy." It's not a lie. It's a half-truth.