41

ZENITH

"What a pleasant surprise, Zenith. You're back from the fae world already?" Erlik asked me with a grin.

I smiled back at him. "I didn't go actually. It's a long story."

"Oh, I have plenty of time." He replied.

I smirked and took a seat next to him on the plush white couch. I'm glad that whiny demon isn't with him this time. "Then I guess it's the right time. I brought you a gift."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "I love gifts." He said excitedly.

I mind linked Kenzo to bring her in. Yeah, he wouldn't send me to a demon alone and he didn't trust aunt Tori so much. He never trusts new people. He walked in with aunt Tori beside him.

I looked at Erlik to see his reaction. He looked like he found his favorite toy after losing it. I can see the longing and excitement in his eyes. He immediately got up and met her midway and pulled her in for a hug. I was so happy that they met. Erlik was a nice demon. At least, he was nothing but nice so far.

"Alright, not to interrupt or anything, but we need something." Kenzo interrupted them.

Erlik looked at me and then Kenzo and then at me again. "Who's he?"

"He's Kenzo, Alpha of Silver Claw pack and my mate."

He raised his eyebrow. "You're a Luna?" I nodded. "Great. They're lucky. So what is it you guys want?"

"Um... we-" I was hesitating. The blood of supernatural beings like us has many purposes. Demon blood is poisonous to many while it hypnotizes a few and has different uses. How will he react if we ask the blood of a royal? Will he think we are asking the blood to do something bad? Will he even help us?

Erlik placed his hand on my shoulder and Kenzo growled lowly. I glared at him for being stupidly possessive. It's only nice to an extent. "You don't have to hesitate with me, Zenith. I know you only have pure intentions. I can feel it and I trust you. You are my friend. So tell me."

I sighed. "I need the blood of a royal demon."

He stiffened suddenly but relaxed quickly. "I know its for something important. I can feel it. Will it help you? The blood?"

I nodded. "It will."

"Alright then. I will give you. I'm a royal descendant. You're my friend Zenith, I will help you with anything if it's in my power." He pulled Tori with him and took a seat on the couch. "I never had a genuine friend you know. Everyone I know come to me to help them with bad intentions. Like to kill someone or threaten someone. You're the only one who came to me with good intent."

"The first time we met, I felt like we would be good friends." He continued. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what are you up to, werewolf?" He asked teasingly.

I chuckled. But the doubt nagged my mind. Is it okay to tell him? At least half of the story? "Have you heard of Remis sisters?" I asked hesitantly.

Kenzo put his arm around me for support. Talking about those stupid witches is hard. They make me anxious as if talking about them would summon them or something. Erlik looked so angry at the mention of their name. His fingers curled into a fist and he's trying to control his anger. "I do." He said finally. "Very well, actually. One of the bitches killed my brother. Alekto."

My eyes widened. How can they be so cruel? What will they even achieve by doing these atrocities? All they gained is imprisonment. My rage grew. I wanted to kill them right this second.

Kenzo rubbed on my back in a circular motion and calmed me. "I am planning on killing them." I blurted out.

Erlik looked at me with wide eyes and I can see an evil glint in his eyes. Then he frowned. "How? They are immortal and they were imprisoned in a tomb."