13

Image: Zayd's house.
************************

ZENITH

Wow seriously? "You own this?" I asked Zayd pointing towards a very tall skyscraper. It's over a hundred floors and very classy. He owns Marino Ave, clearly.

He nodded. "And the house on the left." Holy fuck. It's not a house. It's a freaking Palace. He chuckled as I looked at his huge property wide eyed. "I had plenty of time to earn more than enough money."

"Yeah, clearly you do. You are not lying when you said you have plenty of space." He chuckled again and lead me to his house, no scratch that, his palace.

As soon as we entered and closed the door behind us, a blonde woman came rushing downstairs in her super speed and hugged Zayd. "Where were you?"

Zayd pulled away from her. "Where is Vivek?" She shrugged and pointed towards the door on our left just when the door opened and came out a handsome man only in his pajama pants with a perfectly tanned body into the hallway.

"Did you just come in?" Vivek asked confused.

"Yeah, guess what? Sun's out there and he walked in like nothing's wrong." The blonde girl spoke. Shit, how is he gonna cover it up? If all these people know, they'll definitely try to kill me for my blood so they can walk in the sunlight. Great!

"Madhira attacked me while I was on my way back. She held me in a trance-like state. Maybe she did something to me then. I don't know" Thank fuck. I sighed with relief. He didn't tell them. "She is the one who saved me." He added, pointing his thumb at me.

The hot Indian vampire, Vivek, and the blonde looked at me like I was an Alien. "She's a Werewolf." The blonde spat with venom in her voice.

"A hot Werewolf!" Vivek said with a mischievous grin looking at my bare legs. I rolled my eyes.

"ENOUGH." Zayd grabbed everyone's attention in the room with his dominating voice. He has good commanding skills. "If you disrespect her, you disrespect me. Got it?"

Both muttered a 'yes' under their breaths.

"Jill, give her some clothes and show her to the room next to mine," Zayd ordered her. "Vivek, show her around when she is free."

~~

After taking a hot shower and a peaceful nap in a soft king-sized bed, I woke up refreshed.

I walked out of the room and looked around. The empty hallways and classy furniture look back at me. I remember Zayd telling me that his room was next to mine, but I couldn't smell him so I made my way downstairs.

Vivek walked out of his room and towards me. "Hey princess."

"My name's Zenith." I grumbled making a face. I hate being called princess. I'm a commander. A fierce and powerful warrior. I can break all his bones and set them right in one damn minute.

"Fiesty." He commented with a smirk. "You looking for something?"

I nodded. "Where's Zayd?"

"He is in his office." Vivek shrugged. Ugh, what's with the people and their offices.

I suddenly remember what Kenzo was doing in his office early in the morning and I suddenly felt dizzy and nauseous. Why me? Why was the stupid fate targeting me?

I felt the same burning pain in my chest when I walked in on my mate and his witch bitch.

"Are you okay?" Vivek asked concerned. I tried to tell myself that whatever happened is for the best. I just have to try to survive. I can do it. I pep talked myself and nodded.