32

Image: Zenith's dress for the date.
I do not have any rights to the image.
*****************************

ZENITH

It's been two days since the moon goddess visited me in my dream and since we had a discussion about the evil witches.

We were trying our best to gather information about the witches. We need to find—no let me correct that—I need to find the way to kill them.

If they are as powerful as Zayd mentioned, I can't let anyone risk their lives for me. I can't lose my mate. I know Kenzo, and Cassian will stand with me with their packs and Zayd will help me too in the fight I was destined to, but I'd rather fight them alone. This is my fate and I'm gonna do it alone. No one had to sacrifice their life for me.

When I find a way to destroy those fucking witches, I will do it alone. I will rip them apart with my bare hands if I have to. All three of them. I am not letting any of my friends or my mate go near them.

~~

I was sitting on my bed with Zil watching a movie called Venom. Zil was eating a lot these days and was being tired often.

"Zil, are you okay?" I asked concerned. She is the closest friend I've got in this pack.

She looked at me with a slight hesitation in her huge amber eyes and then she nodded.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything, right? I hope you think of me as your friend too."

She moved closer to me and looked at me with uncertain eyes. "I – I think I'm pregnant."

"What?" I squealed in happiness. "Congrats, Zil." That's the best news but why was she hesitant and uncertain.

She had her poker face on and then slowly her eyes welled up in tears. Oh goddess, are these her hormones or her? "Zenith, I'm freaking out."

"What? Why?" I asked her bewildered. What happened to her?

"I don't know. What if Rowan doesn't want kids? What if I'm not a good mom?" She said, her voice breaking.

I pulled her into a hug. "It's okay. I'm sure Rowan would be over the sky with this news and I know you would be a wonderful mother." I stroked her hair. "We don't get handbooks for parenting but you will know what to do when you have a child. Its called maternal instincts and I know you will be a wonderful mom."

She laughed at that. "You think so?" I nodded. "You think Rowan will be okay with this?"

I nodded again. "He will."

She grinned. "I have to talk to him." She said in an enthusiastic voice.

"Go ahead."

Just as she exited the room, Kenzo walked in.

"Babe, get ready. We're going out." Kenzo said in a cheerful manner after barging into our room.

I frowned. "Where are we going?"

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. "Surprise. Now get ready."

It's almost dark outside. Where would we be going now? But he looked so happy, I couldn't deny what he asked of me.

"Why don't you tell me where we are going, so, I can dress accordingly?"

"Well, I prefer you wear nothing but you can wear whatever you want." He said with a mischievous glint in his stormy blue eyes which mesmerize me every time I look into them.