36

AIDEN

The witch just disappeared after taking Zenith and Kenzo down.

What the fuck was happening? Who was that witch and how did Zenith use magic? I had a million questions and no answers. Cleo was as clueless as me.

What am I supposed to do now? Who should I call for help? And what the hell should I tell them?

Kenzo fell on the ground unconscious and Zenith held her chest while that weird green haired witch was smiling sinisterly at Zenith. She held a vial in her hand and drew her blood with magic and then disappeared.

Her father! Cassian. Maybe he can help. I couldn't bear to see my sister Zenith who I grew up with passed out on the ground in so much pain. It just breaks my heart and we still don't know what happened to Kenzo.

"Cleo," She looked at me with tears in her eyes. Kenzo was her Alpha and she was sad seeing him like this and I know she was scared by everything that happened just now. I can feel it through our bond. "Go bring Cassian here. Be discreet and tell him its urgent. Bring only him." I told her and she immediately put on her dress where we took them off behind a tree and ran towards the hall where the party was still going on.

I carried Zenith and Kenzo near the trees to be discreet if someone accidentally comes here. I looked at Zenith's innocent face. She seemed to be in some pain and it actually pained me to see her like this.

I don't know what's happening but all I know is that my sister was not evil. She was an angel at heart. I don't know what she was going through with the witches but all I know was that I have to stand beside her and help her.

Two years ago, there was a rogue attack and I almost died. I would've died if she didn't throw herself in the way of the silver dagger. She would protect me at the cost of her life and I will do the same for her now. I have to save them. I know she will be devastated to lose Kenzo. I have to save them both.

"Zenith?" A deep worried voice of Cassian was heard. He fell on his knees beside Zenith and cradled her face. His eyes glazed with tears. Seeing that, I knew her father loves her and I'm glad he does. I always knew she wanted to meet her father and ask her mother why she left her but she doesn't talk about them much. "What happened?" Cassian asked looking at me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I felt like crying. Tears threatened to spill remembering what happened. But I can't cry now. I have to help my sister and her mate. I explained to him everything that happened.

"We should help her. Do something, Cassian. She was in pain before she lost consciousness. That witch drew blood from her heart."

Cassian was deep in thought for a full minute. "We have to take them to their pack first." I nodded.

When we reached his pack in my car, Rowan came running. "What happened?" I could see the worry on his face.

Cassian put Kenzo on the bed and I put Zenith beside him in the room downstairs. I told Cleo not to tell anyone what happened today and she left to meet her brother after assuring me that she won't.

"Ophelia. She attacked them and forcefully stole blood from Zenith's heart." Cassian said. I knew it. I knew they knew the witch. Ophelia? I will kill her for hurting my sister.

"Why her blood?" Rowan asked with confusion. Hell, if I know.

"I don't know. She said she needed the blood of the blessed." Rowan and Cassian looked at me as if I've filled a puzzle for them.

Cassian rubbed his temples. "I think she was planning to do the spell. Maybe her blood is one of the ingredients for the spell. They use weird stuff, always."