26

KENZO

Zenith, Zil, Rowan, Zayd, and I were talking in our living room. After we told Rowan and Zil the truth, he respected and admired her even more. I knew I can trust my friend and Beta. Zil looked visibly excited and hugged Zenith. I am glad they reacted positively.

Zayd was against us telling Rowan and Zil. I finally understood that he cares about Zenith. He was just looking out for her and I am okay with it. For now. Just until this witch thing is over.

I can see that he likes Zenith and I'm not letting my guard down when he's around her. He better not try anything with her. I hate to make my mate angry for tearing the stupid vampire into shreds.

We were still in the living room when we all heard loud screams from outside. We immediately ran outside to see what was happening.

The screams were coming from the direction of pack hospital. When we reached there, two warriors were carrying Arlo, and two more were carrying Dax who was screaming in pain, into the hospital. Arlo was a commander of five hundred warriors and Dax was a warrior. I knew them since we were kids.

A woman who is in her twenties, I think she's Dax's mate, was crying and whimpering.

"What happened?" I growled. Who dared to hurt my warrior and commander? 

"Alpha, my kid Liam and another kid were playing in the woods when suddenly rogues attacked. There were at least fifteen rogues. Dax and Commander Arlo came to their rescue and saved them but were severely hurt by the time we reached there to help them. When the rogues saw us coming, they ran away." A pack warrior in his early thirties explained.

They were outnumbered. A commander can take down five rogues easily but fifteen rogues against two? I'm glad they were alive. The injuries looked very severe, though.

"What was the border patrol doing while the rogues were trotting around on my land? Were all of you sleeping? Send trackers to track down the rogues. I will not tolerate this. Whoever hurts my pack members, has to pay." I ordered. Trackers and pack warriors bowed their heads and turned around and walked away to carry out their orders.

Zenith took my hand in hers and calmed me down. "It's going to be okay. Let's go inside and see the injured." I nodded and followed her into the hospital.

Dax and Arlo were both lying there on the hospital beds connected to all sorts of medical machines which names I don't even know. Arlo didn't even find his mate. He didn't get to enjoy any real happiness. He's my friend. We used to play together and now looking at him like that-injured, naked and vulnerable, unconscious with broken bones, it saddens me. I wish I could help him any way I can.

Zenith was waiting for the doctor to tell us what was happening. Will they be okay?

Finally, after half an hour, the doctor came outside. "Warrior Dax's right leg seems to be broken. We don't know how much time it will take for him to heal if it ever heals. Other injuries were already healing."

"What do you mean if it ever heals?" I yelled.

The doctor gulped loudly. "If it's a crack or a small break, it would heal perfectly fine with our healing abilities but his bone was crushed into tiny pieces. So I am not sure."

I growled loudly but Zenith placed her hand on my shoulder and I calmed down a notch.

"What about the other person, doctor? Is he fine." Zenith asked.

The doctor widened his eyes and shook his head. "The commander was even more severely injured. We don't know what the effects are yet."

"What is wrong with him?" Zenith asked him.