28

Image: Aiden.
I do not have any rights to the image.
**************************

ZENITH

He said something that made my whole world crumble around me. "Tisha." That was my mom's name. I couldn't hold the tears that were freely flowing from my eyes. Never in my life had I thought I would meet my father like this. If he even was my father! But he knew my mom, that's for sure.

"How do you know my mom?" I asked him, my voice barely above a whisper but I know he heard it.

Kenzo took my hand into his and gave it a light squeeze reassuring me that he was with me, beside me. It gave some sort of comfort that I have my mate with me in every step of the way in my journey from now on.

Cassian walked towards me, his face full of confusion. "Tisha is your mom?"

I nodded. "Do you know her? Is she with you?" I asked desperately. I wanted to know why she abandoned me. I had millions of questions and I wanted answers.

He shook his head stomping on my expectations. "I know her. But she's not with me." His eyes are glossy with unshed tears. "Can we talk somewhere in private?" He asked me earning a loud growl from Kenzo.

"Kenzo, let them talk." Rose scolded him.

I nodded telling him its fine. He nodded back but I can see the worry etched on his face.

I lead the way into our house. Cassian followed me. It's weird calling him by name but it'd be even weirder if I call him dad. Wait, was he my father? I'm not sure.

When we reached the empty room which was next to Kenzo's office, I looked at him expectantly for some answers. When he didn't speak, I prompted him, "So?"

He looked to be in a shock, which he came out of when I spoke. "You look like Tisha. Well, some of your features at least." He looked somewhere behind me like he was reminiscing the past. "She was an exquisite beauty. I was looking for my mate before I took the responsibility of my pack as an Alpha when I found her. We became close soon and then after a few months, I found out that she was a fae."

He sighed and continued. "I was okay with that. But then I found my mate one day and she walked in on us the very same day and was devastated. She left me without a word and that was the last I saw her. I didn't know she was pregnant with my baby or that we had a precious baby girl." He cried, his tears rolled down his face. "I didn't know about you."

My own tears stained my face. I didn't know what to say. All the thoughts left my mind.

"I would've been there for you had I known." He said with a pained voice.

White hot anger rose in me. "Then why didn't you?" I yelled. "She told me you'd come for me. I waited for you, all alone. You didn't come." I was sobbing by the time I was done yelling at him.

"She told you... what? Where is she now?" He asked confused.

I scoffed. "She abandoned me when I was ten. I don't know where she is."

"Abandoned you?" He frowned at me. "She would never do that. What exactly happened when you were ten?" He asked.

She would never do that?

'But she did!' I wanted to yell. But I reigned in my anger and told him what happened all those years ago.

He was silent for a minute which felt like hours before he spoke. "She never told me to find you. I didn't know. But by the sound of it, I think her family found her."