39

KENZO

The door burst opened revealing a happy Rowan. "Alpha, you're awa-" He stopped himself with wide eyes. He immediately looked down at the floor. "Sorry, Luna, I didn't know I.. I was interrupting something." He said as soon as he saw a half-naked Zenith beside me.

She grabbed the shirt from the floor which reeked of Aiden's scent all over it and pulled it on herself. "He's all yours." She muttered and walked out of the room.

I couldn't comprehend anything that was happening. How can she make me immortal with her blood? Why would she do that to me? She will die in a few years and I will still be here, heartbroken. I don't need immortality. I don't want a life beyond her existence.

Immortality for me isn't a gift. It's a curse! A punishment!

Although I felt so unusually energetic since I woke up, I didn't think that was the reason. But, immortal?

"What was that about?" Rowan asked taking a seat beside me on the bed. "Did you argue about something?"

I shook my head not wanting to tell him. This was between me and her. I am gonna deal with this myself. If I couldn't, then maybe I'll talk to him. "Nothing."

He nodded reluctantly, although he knew I wasn't telling something, he let go of it for now. "Whatever it was, cut her some slack. She was devastated to find out that you were dying. You would've if her mom didn't show up on time and tell us how to save you."

"Yeah, by feeding me her blood and making me bloody immortal." I snapped at him. I muttered a 'sorry' knowing full well it wasn't his fault.

"I don't get what your problem is," Rowan said shaking his head.

Before he could talk further, Aiden, Cassian, Zayd rushed into the room. All their faces held a relief they didn't voice. Were they that relieved that I was awake? Did my mate wreak havoc when I was on death bed? That totally seemed like her. A small smile grazed my lips thinking about her.

"Glad to have you back, man. I thought Zenith's gonna rip our heads off if we couldn't save you." I laughed at that. Totally sounds like her!

She would but this isn't the right way. Why do I have to be immortal? I can't just sit here and watch while all the people I love grow old and wither away in front of me. I can't live another day knowing my mate died and won't ever come back and I have to live here on this earth all alone. Is this a punishment? Am I being punished?

"Penny for your thoughts?" Rowan interrupted.

I shook my head and dismissed all my thoughts. "Nothing. So, what the plan? How are we going to destroy the witch bitches? Any plans? We have only five weeks, I heard."

"Yeah, I can assure you, that I and my pack is with you if you need help," Aiden said. Wait, Aiden knows? As if reading my thoughts, Cassian nodded. I don't know Aiden so well, but he's Zen's brother who hit Cassian, another Alpha for Zenith. So, I think it's okay to trust him. I finally nodded at Aiden.

~~

It's been two days since I woke up from a near death experience. I can feel the energy pulsing through me. The energy which gave me unwanted immortality. I still couldn't come to terms with all this.

Zenith's been avoiding me and has been spending her time improving her fae powers with the help of her mother. Apparently, she was protecting Zenith from her evil fae family. Although that's a good enough reason, I wished my mate hadn't suffered through all that.

After training my pack for four hours, I was standing in the woods, against a tree watching my mate use her magic. She literally caused a huge thunderstorm yesterday. She was like a female Thor without the hammer. She also burned a few trees with her Thor-ish thunder powers. Since not all my pack members know its Zeniths work, few of the pups from my pack were scared. Wolves don't like thunderstorms much.

Now she was practicing her earth powers. Thick brown roots emerge from the ground and caged Rowan who was looking at her in awe. Then another root wrapped around Aidens ankle and lift him off the ground making him hang upside down.

"Zenith, this is not fair. I'm your brother," Aiden whined with a pouty face.

I couldn't stop myself and burst out laughing. All four of them- including Zen's mom- turned to look at me. Zenith glared at me and Aiden instantly fell onto the ground with an 'oomph'

"I'm gonna get back at you for this," Aiden grumbled begrudgingly.

Zenith folded her arms against her chest. "Oh yeah, how are you gonna do that?"

Aiden huffed. "I'm gonna eat a whole tub of cookies and cream ice cream without sharing it. In front of you."

Zenith gasped and narrowed her eyes at him. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." He said smirking.

She scoffed at Aiden and then narrowed her eyes at me. "What are you doing here?"

"I missed you."

She glared and walked away towards our house.

When I walked back, I found her in the back yard, looking into space, deep in thinking. I walked and took a seat next to her on the wooden bench.

"Why didn't you want the immortality?" She asked, fully aware that I was next to her.

I shrugged. "What would I do with it without you. You think I would want to live in a world without you." I sighed. "This immortality... it's a punishment if you're not with me."

She whipped her head fast, I thought she would get whiplash from it. "Why would I die?"

I frowned. "Because... you're not immortal?"

She laughed clutching her stomach until tears were running down her cheeks with laughter. "Kenzo, I'm fae." She said as if that answers all the questions.

"Half." I corrected her. "But yeah, I got that news already." She slapped me on my head. "Hey, that hurts!" I yelled.

"Yeah, it should, dumb ass." I rubbed my head where she hit me. I pouted at her. "I'm fae, or half-fae, whatever, and that means I'm immortal."

I stood up immediately. "What?" She's immortal? I was angry at her for nothing. Literally, nothing! "Why didn't you say so earlier?"

"You didn't ask." She groaned.

I pulled her onto her feet immediately and smacked my lips onto hers. My hands wrapped around her waist and slowly slid down to her plump ass and squeezed them.

Her hands roamed all over my chest and abs while kissing me. I missed this. It's been two days since we were intimate. I missed her touch. I missed her lips. I missed her body.

Hell, I missed spending time with her talking and laughing.

I ripped her tank top and threw it on the ground and unclasped her bra. I was eager to touch and taste every inch of her skin and show her how much she meant to me.

She unbuckled my belt and unzipped my pants and pulled out my cock which was semi hard. I hissed as soon as she touched my cock. I felt myself grow hard in her hands.

She pumped me with her tiny hands while I ravish her perky breasts. I pushed my fingers in her panties and pushed two fingers into her.

"You're so wet." I groaned in her ear while nipping at her earlobe.

"Mmmmhmmm." She pumped me faster and faster as I fingered her faster and harder. We were both moaning.

When we both reached our climaxes, her knees buckled up and we slumped against each other on the grass in my back yard.

After catching my breath in a minute, I kissed her again and she kissed me back, breathing heavily.

"I missed you." She said huskily in her post-orgasmic haze.

I nodded. "I missed you too. So, so much, baby."

***********************
A/N
LOL! Kenzo should've asked her, shouldn't he?