42

KENZO

Yesterday, all Adir did was talk to his mate and then take her back with him to his pack. She was reluctant at first because she never thought she'd find her second chance mate but eventually, she accepted her fate and was so happy to find Adir. I think she deserves it after whatever she's gone through.

"I'm here." Adir chirped. He looked so excited and happy.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You're late."

He sighed. "Sorry, I didn't want to leave her alone in the new place. But since dad said this is important, I don't have a choice." He grinned at me. "And I would love to help my sister with anything she wants, you know."

Dude knows how to sugarcoat his words. I couldn't help but chuckle. "Alright."

"He's here. Can I get shorts or something?" Shorts? Why would he need shorts? I nodded and grabbed shorts from my mate's wardrobe and handed it to him. Adir whistled and on our front yard appeared a gorgeous dragon and transformed into a very naked man.

He was tanned and has very chiseled features. There stood a living, breathing- I mean, fire breathing- dragon on our porch.

He grabbed the shorts from Adir and put them on and entered the house with a smirk plastered on his face. "Heard I was needed here. I'm Ned."

"I'm Zenith, Luna of Silver Claw pack." We took a seat on the couch in the living room.

"You're mated!" He said in a disappointed tone and I chuckled.

"So what's the problem?" Ned asked going into serious business mode.

I hesitated to tell him the issue at hand because Adir still doesn't know what was happening. Thankfully, Cassian walked in and took Adir out of here saying they needed to talk.

After Adir was out of here, I explained to him the problem briefly excluding the fact that I can do magic and that I'm a hybrid. He was stunned that all this witch shit was happening and he didn't know any of it.

"I heard about those witches. My grandfather told me about them. If they get out, it would be total destruction. Those witches swore they'll destroy everything." He sighed with sadness. "I will definitely help you. So, what do you need?"

"Are you a royal?" I asked Ned. He frowned but nodded anyway. "I need your blood." I blurted out.

He raised his thick dark eyebrows. "I thought you were mated." He asked making me frown. Why is it related?

Then I remembered reading in a book that dragons drink each other's blood to complete the mating bond just like vampires. Although, vampires can choose who they want to mate for life while it's already chosen for us by the moon goddess.

I gasped realizing why he said what he said. "I- I- you... that's not what I mean." I screamed, flustered and he burst out laughing.

Then I understood that this cocky, arrogant dragon was messing with me. I punched him on the shoulder and he winced. "Damn! Woman, you're strong." He said still laughing.

"What's going on here?" I heard a deep commanding voice from behind and his amazing familiar scent wafted around me making me want to run to him and into his arms.

Ned looked at me and Kenzo a few times. "I guess you are Zenith's mate. Am I right?" He said looking at me and I nodded.

"And who would you be?" Kenzo questioned him.

I rolled my eyes at Kenzo. "He's Ned. Adir's friend. A royal blooded dragon." Kenzo's face brightened with realization and he walked to me and snaked his arm around my waist. It's like he's showing who I belong to. I wanted to roll my eyes again but I like how possessive Kenzo can be.