43

KENZO

"So, what are you here for?" I asked Zayd. This undead bastard had to disturb me when I was ravishing my mate. "What is so urgent for you to disturb me while I was busy."

"Busy? Yeah, right!" Rowan snorted and I glared at him.

Zayd chuckled. "I was actually here to tell you that the royal vampire will be arriving in a week."

"You could've called." I retorted. Zayd rolled his eyes.

Zenith came downstairs fully dressed in ripped blue jeans and a striped multi-colored shirt. "Guys, stop arguing."

"So we have everything we need except for vamp blood for the mystical dagger?" Rowan asked.

The fucking mystical dagger!

I wanted to rip the witches apart. This whole mess is making us anxious. There was an ounce of fear in me. Gnawing at me from inside. What if my mate was hurt during the fight? What if I was hurt and we couldn't be together again? All these numerous what-ifs are consuming me and making me insane.

I don't know any other way to protect my mate during the fight. I am powerless. The dark magic Ophelia hit me with is so powerful. But now that I have immortality I can live but my body needed time to flush out the dark magic. I can't let myself faint the next time.

This isn't a fight. It's a war and I will be ready to protect my mate and help her when she needed it.

"We don't have a dagger yet," I said.

"We do." Cassian appeared at the doorway of my office where we were all sitting. I looked at him confused.

"We do?" The man I told to make the dagger said its gonna take a week. It's only been two days. So, how was it already done?

Cassian nodded. "I ordered someone else to make the dagger too. Just in case." Oh, now I got it.

"That's a great idea." Zenith chirped. He handed the dagger which was wrapped in a white cotton cloth to Zenith and she grabbed it excitedly.

Zenith unwrapped the dagger and its exactly like how it was shown in the book. It was shining. The alloy of silver and iron. Silver is lethal to werewolves and iron is lethal to fae. So not anyone can hold the dagger. Only she can. Only my mate was immune to both of them for some unknown reason.

As if on cue, Dianthe and my mate's mother, Tisha strolled in. "I was waiting for the dagger to be made." She pulled out a shiny crystal from her bag that was hanging on her arm. The crystal has its own energy and it's suffocating all of us in the room. Zenith was the only one who seems to be unaffected by the crystal's energy.

Dianthe handed the crystal to Zenith and she took it. "Place it at the end of the dagger's hilt." She instructed and Zenith did as she was told. The shiny white crystal glowed instantly when it came in contact with the dagger. "No one should touch the dagger except for her. The energy from the dagger repels us supernaturals."

"Repel? Why?" I asked curiously.

She sighed. "The alloy creates unusual energy. It somehow doesn't affect humans but it affects us. It repels us. We cannot touch it."

"So where does the blood fit in all this?" Zayd asked, voicing my question.

The witch glared at him. Looks like she hates vampires too. "The inside of the crystal was hollow. The orb will be imbued with the magic of royal blood. It gives the dagger real power to end the life of nature's freaks." Zenith tensed at the words of the witch.

I rubbed her on her back and she relaxed. Zenith once thought she was the nature's freak. Turns out that she was born to destroy the real freaks of nature. She was the blessed one and I am absolutely proud of her. Not that I wouldn't be proud if she wasn't the blessed one. I will love her all the same even if she was nature's freak.