7

KENZO

What's with her poker face? I just asked her if she was ready to be introduced to the pack officially and this was definitely not the reaction I've expected from her.

After a few moments of silence, she said, "I need some time to think about it." Then she turned around and left me alone with my thoughts in my office.

Was she upset about something? Did I do something wrong? What the fuck did I even do? Ugh please, gods, enlighten me.

Should I give her some space or just apologize for whatever reason she was upset?

"It's you," Ray whispered in my head.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked him.

Ray shook his head, disappointed. "You upset her. You hurt her."

I frowned. "What did I even do to hurt her or upset her?"

"Azi cried because of you," Ray said whimpering.

"Azi?" I questioned, confused. "What did I do for her wolf to cry because of me?"

"Yes," Ray growled at me. "And you figure it out on your own on how to apologize to her." And he cut the mind link.

What the fuck did I even do?

Should I ask Azi what happened? I wonder if she was as beautiful, strong, confident, and determined as Zenith. I bet she was. Ray was already smitten with her. So was I. With Zenith and Azi.

Her amazing scent was so addicting. She's like a dangerous drug. And I was the abuser.

Does she like my scent? Was she as smitten as me? Does she even like me? There was an invisible spark in her eyes which made her even more beautiful.

"Alpha you need to see this. Please visit room number 114 in the infirmary." Lyra, a member of my pack mind-linked me. Lyra had been dealing with the burnt dead body of the traitor, Jed, who I banished from my pack. I wonder if she found any clue about his death?

He was one of my best Warriors. He foolishly challenged Rowan. And he dared to cheat. Seriously, silver? He must be fucking insane. Power-hungry douche. I should have killed him instead of banishing him when I had the chance. Now he dared to trespass into my territory.

Well, why dwell on it. He's already dead.

What if he was alive and did something to hurt my mate when I wasn't beside her?

But the real mystery was who killed him. My mate found him, but how? When I found him, he looked burnt just a few seconds ago but Zenith said she didn't see anyone.

With all these thoughts, I walked to the place where the dead body was held. Rowan and Zenith were already standing there around the body. What was Zenith doing here? Maybe Rowan brought her here.

"What's the news, Lyra?" I questioned looking at the body.

Lyra took a deep breath. "As we all know, this definitely wasn't a werewolf who did this. The body was burnt from inside out. It's not just the outside."

Rowan pointed at the burnt body. "So you are saying-" But I cut him off.

"No one burnt him physically from outside. They used magic." I completed.

"Do you think it's Isla?" Rowan asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know. But why would she do that? What's in it for her?" I turned towards Zenith. "Are you sure you didn't see anyone around when you found him? You didn't smell anyone?"