✨Chapter 15✨

Payton's POV

There she stands.The love of my life,the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I'd imagined this moment to be so different but now that it's here I just want to run away and hide.

Her gaze is so intimidating,the way she looks at me,as if I were a stranger to her.The love and adoration isn't there,she no longer smiles at the sight of me.

She just stares,completely silent.And so do I,completely trapped in her beauty.It's been almost a year,without her touch,her smile,her laugh,her kisses.

And I just so badly want to hold her small frame in my arms,kiss her all over and tell her I'll never leave her again because nothing is complete without her.

But instead I just say,"it's been a while Edwards."

She stares for a couple of seconds before breaking out of her trance and chuckling to herself,"you could say that.How are you?"

"I'm great,just back for a couple of months for work.What about you?"

"I'm fine" she smiles.

We both walk over to the sofa sitting down,this is the closest I've been to her in a while.But I can't hold her or kiss her,this was absolute torture.

"I need a drink," she mutters to herself getting up."Do you want anything?"

"No, I'm good" I say watching as she walks away,her hips swaying from side to side as she struts off.

She returns moments later with a cup,but the strong scent tells me that it's not just juice in the cup,but something more.

"I saw Faith the other day"She says sitting back down and taking a sip,"is this the first time you've bought her to LA"

"Yeah,she wanted to meet these guys and,she wanted to see you"

"I missed her" she says quietly

"I missed you" I say,hoping for a good response.

She goes silent for a few moments,swaying the cup slowly as she looks into it.

"You know,when we first broke up I had this strange feeling of hope that you'd come back.That we'd somehow work out this long distance thing and that I wouldn't have to spend days on end crying myself to sleep because I miss your arms around me.I really thought you'd miss me as much as I missed you,and maybe you did."

She takes a gulp of the drink,finishing off what's left."I spent months picturing the day you finally came back.How you'd hold your arms out,and I'd run into them,breaking down into tears,but it would all be okay because you're here.And there wasn't a part of me missing anymore."

She sniffles.

"But now," she pauses,"Now that you're here.It's different.I don't feel like crying,I don't feel anything,except for this craving for you're touch.I need to feel your arms around me,I need to smell you're cologne.Even if it's just for a second,I need you."

Her eyes were glistening as she looked at me,she had just shared her deepest thoughts with me.I know how hard it is for her to be vulnerable,and she just did it.

Speechless I just stare at her for a moment,processing the words she said.Before opening my arms for her to embrace.

And that's what she does,she hugs me,resting her head on my shoulder,letting out a content sigh.The feel of her small body against mine was like no other.I hadn't felt this way in a while.

I let myself go for a second.Allowing myself to savour this moment,the sweet apple scent of her hair,her soft skin brushing against my shoulders.The way her  body fits perfectly against mine.

This feeling could last forever,it made the year and a half that I hadn't seen her worth it,all for this moment.

"Payton can I tell you something?" She mumbles against my neck

"Anything baby" I whisper stroking her hair.

"I met a guy,and I thought I liked him.But when I was with him all I could think about is you"

I tried my hardest to hide the ache that my heart felt,why was she seeing other guys?She's mine.

Letting out a stiff breath I answer her,"that's why I bailed on my date with willow"

She let's out a small chuckle, probably as she remembers the night I had called her for help.

"Is it bad that I was kind if relieved.I didn't want you to go on that date"

That made me smile.She clearly feels the same way as me.As she pulls back from the hug I say,"I'm not too happy you're seeing other guys either"

"We're just gonna have to get used to it" she mumbles

"Yeah"

"I hope you guys have made up,because we're bored of waiting for you and the films about to start" Lara says walking into the room.

"Yeah,we're good." Abi says getting up,grabbing her drink she walks over to Lara looking back and giving me one last smile as she walks out the room.

As amazing as those moments were I expected it to go better.We'll just have to get used to it?What the fuck is that supposed to mean?That she's going to see other guys.

Shaking the thoughts from my head I get up and walk into the other room,where everyone is sat down in front of the flat screen tv.

Unfortunately Abi is sitting with the girls,and faith.So I don't get the chance to sit next to her,so instead I sit with Josh and Nessa.

"Hey lil sharty"

"Will you guys stop with that" she says trying not to laugh

"I couldn't help it" I chuckle turning to watch the film.

A/n:I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter,and the Payton and Abi content that I gave you :)))))))!! There will be way more moments to come so don't you worry !!