✨Chapter 22✨

I had explained to the girls how I spent I night with Payton at the hotel,Emmy was overly excited and insisted on helping me win him back.Which I explained I wouldn't need help mainly because I know he feels the same way.

"Did you guys hook up or-" Aria asks

"Aria shut up" I laugh throwing a pillow at her,"we just kissed that's all"

"Can we invite him round,I just want to see what you're like together" Lara asks with her eyes squinted almost as if she was analysing me,"it would be interesting to see"

"All you'd see is just us being friends" I answer taking some popcorn from the bowl on the coffee table.

"And casual making out,because that's something friends do"Stella scoffs

We spend the rest of the night talking and watching films,then the girls decided to help me pick out a dress for my date with Tom.Who had messaged me,telling me that we have a 'fancy' dress code.After we had finished arguing over my ensemble for the evening we did some face masks and now I'm getting ready,with the help of the girls.

"Oh Abigail you look gorgeous" Aria sighs as she finishes my makeup.

Aria likes to refer to my as my full name when she's mad,giving me advice or really emotional.

"It's a shame this date is with Tom and now Payton" Emmy sighs,"I mean,Payton has so much more money Abi-"

"This isn't about the money Emmy,shut up" Lara hisses.

Abigail's outfit

My hair was curled,with a natural makeup look,and a shimmery eyeshadow

Stella had helped me to find a matching purse and shoes,so after slipping on my accessories I was ready to meet Tom.It feels weird saying his name instead of Payton's.

Walking into the living room I grab my phone putting it in my purse,turning to say my last goodbyes to the girls.

"Be safe" Lara shouts as always as I open the door coming face to face with Payton who's hand is in the air as if he was about to knock the now opened door.

"A..Abi you look stunning" he says taking a look at my outfit,before moving his eyes moving moving direct eye contact with me.

"Thankyou" I smile,"What are you doing here?"

"I..I was wondering if I could-"

"Yes!"Emmy shouts pushing me out the doorway,"Be safe be home before 12 see you later"

I don't even get the change to get a word out of my mouth,and the worst part is that I've forgotten my keys.

"Payton,what are you doing?"

"I just had a breakthrough at home and I had this idea for a song and,I really want you to listen to it,please" he gave me those sad brown eyes,the ones that I couldn't resist no matter how hard I tried.

"Fine"i say giving in,but you have to give me a ride to my..." I trail off,even though I've mentioned this date a few times it still feels cruel to say that it's happening.

"Your what?"

"Nothing,I'll just need a ride later" I mumble as we make or way to his car.

Once I'm in I fasten my seat belt and sit back,hoping he doesn't question me more on where I'm going.

"With any luck you'll see Faith,maybe you could catch up,have a girl talk-"

"Payton I have somewhere to be" I snap cutting him off.I don't know where that sudden aggression came from,but he reacted right away,sensing the coldness in my tone.

"Yeah,somewhere important by the looks of it" theres a subtle tone of agression in his voice,his hands grip the steering wheel tighter in rage.

Sitting back,I let out a small breath of frustration,biting on my lips nervously.There is now way I'm getting to that date on time.But I didn't really care about that,I just didn't want it to seem like I was standing Tom up.

I guess this could be taken as a sign from God.Maybe this is his way of showing me that Payton and I are meant to be,that he should be the one I choose.

We finally get to his house,after a car ride that seemed to last forever.When he opens the door Faith's cheerful voice echoes through the house.

"Payton,did you bring me some pizza like I asked?"

Payton didn't answer,he just shut the door and walked off into his room,and I follow quietly behind.Just as we turn into his room Faith spots us letting out a girly squeal as she hugs me.

"Are you guys finally going on a date?You look so amazing Abi,I'm glad you decided to take my brother back,even if he's very under dressed" she whispers the last part to me

"We're not together"Payton snaps as he swings open the door and storms into his room

"Payton," I huff giving Faith an apologetic smile,"I'll explain one day,eventually."

"It's okay,just know that he's still very much in love with you" she smiles before walking downstairs

Walking into Payton's room felt as if I had been hit in the face with a thousand memories.Images of us in his room coming to my head,like our mini guitar lessons on his bed,or the editing he'd help me with on his computer and monitor,the amount of tiktoks and lives we filmed and the times I fell asleep in his arms.

My heart melts at all these memories,I've missed the feeling of being loved,and the feeling of loving another.Nothing has felt more lonely than being apart from him.

With a change of heart I walk over to where he's sat,taking off my shoes I sit in his lap facing the monitors screen with his song recording file open.

Payton responds immediately wrapping an arm around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder using the other hand to move the cursor.He puts the earphones on my ears,clicking a few buttons before pressing play and sitting back.

A/n:Hehehe I'm 3 days into 6th form and school has never been so easy,I have 4 lessons a day and get to go home early or start later.And on Thursday I only have 2 lessons so I get to go home at midday.How is school for you guys? I hope you enjoyed this chapter,there's more to come maybe at the end of the week,love you guys !!!