Chapter 19

"Hello there." A man in a brown robes smiled at you. He had a kind face, he wasn't old but neither young, he almost looked familiar. Not his face but his presence.

"Who are you?" you questioned the strange man, you stood in a place you didn't recognize. There were small round shaped houses behind him, and the ground was covered in sand. A dessert planet.

"Look at you, so grown up." his face wrinkled into a smile, your eyes scanned over his body stopping at his belt, a lightsaber hung from it as it swung in the gentle breeze.

"A lightsaber. You're a jedi." of course he was, brown robes and a saber, it was that obvious.

"Like you." he nodded.

"I'm no jedi, force sensitive, yes, but I don't want to be a jedi." for some reason, you felt as though he knew this.

"You never answered my question, who are you?" he was so familiar, it was bugging you where you felt his presence before, but you just couldn't put your finger on it.

"I used to know someone like you, a good friend." he looked down at the floor, this topic upset him.

"Who were they?" Why did you care, was the question?

"I met him as a boy, I even trained him making sure he would become a very powerful jedi until he left, left to the darkside...like you."

Annoyance took over your body in his words, "I didn't choose this life, my parents died. My father in war and my mother in childbirth, my grandfather took me in and trained me, I was born to the," you made speech marks with your fingers. "Dark side."

This stranger had no right to tell if you were good or bad.

"Ahhh so that's what he's told you." he sighed, his robes lifting with his body as he did.

"Who are you?"

"Your father." his eyes met yours as tears brimmed in yours, blurring your vision. Of course, it was, you knew you didn't recognize him, but his presence felt all too familiar.

"Dad..." you sniffled, "why did-why did you leave me?" That was the first question that infected your mind, others swimming around.

"There's no time, you and Ben-," who was ben? "Kylo, need to go, find your mother, become one and defeat the dark side like you were chosen to do."

"Wait-wait what do you mean?" the scene around you shifted, everything slowly crumbled along with your father.

"I love you." he disappeared into a breeze of sand.

You flung yourself to sit up right, sweat pouring out of everything in your body, your breathing erratic as you woke up from the dream, no, nightmare of the night. You turned to look over at kylo who was sleeping peacefully, not stirring as you started to relax back into reality. Your eyes peered over at the alarm clock on the stand, 1 in the morning. Your feet patterned against the floor as you walked into what you assumed to be the bathroom, it was. Splashing yourself with the cold water from the sink, as your eyes met your reflection in the mirror.

Kenobi.