IJHPA: 45

"Are you sure?" I asked Toffer.

He nodded. We are currently in front of what seems to be a computer shop. He went in first and then I followed him minutes after. The lady in the front desk just dragged me around! I have never let anyone touch me like that in my whole life. Geez!

"Tangina, wala rito!" Toffer whisphered when he saw me. "Dito ko lang nakita 'yung gago na pumoporma sa kapatid ko eh," he added.

After observing for an hour, I sighed and walked out of that room. I was about to leave when I saw the lady—rubbing her tummy. It was past lunch already so I decided to buy snacks for her because she looks pale, she must be hungry.

My phone suddenly rang that's why I asked Toffer to bring the food to the lady. I answered the call which made me regret it. I groaned after talking to my dad, he's fuzzing about that mission again.

"Thanks," the lady said.

If I did not have anything to do, I would have talked to her more but my dad is waiting already.

"Hoy!" A woman shouted.

"Para sabihin ko sa'yo, may pangalan ako at hindi 'yun 'hoy', naiintindihan mo?" Toffer asked. He's scaring the lady on purpose. He has always been like that.

I smirked when the lady blushed after I removed my shades. "That's what I like, you're playing hard to get," I joked. "We could do some…quickie?" I wanted to punch myself for saying that. She looked so offended.

I felt an instant regret that time. But then, I failed to maintain my posture because she looks cute while shouting at us.

We went home already and as expected, my father is already waiting for me in my room. He never let anyone, not even my mom to come inside his office but here he is, depriving my privacy. How ironic.

"Are you ready to take the mission?" he asked.

My brows furrowed. "If I take that, would you let me free?"

He just shrugged. "It depends," he said.

"You did not just make me come back in this country while I was so close at getting my license in engineering," I sarcastically said.

I was doing fine back then in America when I answered his call only to know that I have to go back here in the Philippines. I guess my 'perfect brother' did not want to take that stupid mission.

He looked at me in disappointment, just like the old looks he used to give to me. "I told you to be an entrepreneur just like your brother, why can't you do it? Is it that hard?"

He then handed me a folder and I was surprised to know that the person he wanted me to watch over is the same lady who works in the computer shop earlier. I cannot help but to smile while looking at this woman's picture.

"She doesn't seem dangerous to me," I told him.

"Looks can be deceiving, young man," he said.

I just ignored him. "Pumela," I whispered while reading her profile. I must admit, I find her pretty.

"Uy nakangiti!" Toffer teased me.

I did not even notice that my dad left already.

Art suddenly came in. "Oh, ayan ba 'yung inutos sa'yo ni tito?" he asked.

I just nodded. Toffer did not stop teasing me so in the end, Art joined him in provoking me that I liked how this woman looks in this picture. She does not look feminine, but she still looks pretty.

"Come on, dude," Toffer said. He placed his arms around me. "You never had a girlfriend! Ano, habang buhay ka nalang ba aasa diyan sa palad ng kapalaran mo?" he teased. Art started laughing.