Ch.8

With Ludwig: 

The oldest Koopaling was thrown into the planning room, landing face-first on the floor. 

“Get up you useless sack of bones” said Bowser angrily, trying to remain calm as he and the other Koopalings also entered. 

Ludwig complied, quickly getting up and standing beside his other siblings, his hands held behind his back as he looked down at the floor in shame.

Bowser had taken his wand away, holding it in his hand as he paced back and forth in front of his kids. 

They had all lined up side-by-side from eldest to youngest. Even Junior was in the lineup, standing beside Larry and frowning. 

The planning room had been left the way it had been from the day before, the table overturned and half destroyed in the corner with all of the chairs completely broken to pieces, the planning board half-burned and charred from the fire after it had been extinguished. 

It was awkward silence for all of the Koopalings. 

Iggy, Lemmy, Morton and Larry were looking scared and/or nervous. 

Roy was standing with his arms crossed. It was unclear what emotions he was feeling, his eyes being hidden behind his sunglasses. 

Wendy was standing with one of her hands on her hip, examining her nails on her other hand to make sure none of them were damaged after the incident a few minutes ago. 

And Ludwig was looking down at the ground, his hands held behind his back, not wanting to face his father after what he had nearly done.

What had come over him? 

First Iggy years ago, then Junior about an hour ago, and then Roy just a few minutes ago. 

Who was going to be next? 

Ludwig’s breath hitched when he asked himself this question. 

Who was going to be next?

Where had that question come from? 

He didn’t WANT to hurt any of his siblings. 

Sure, they all annoy him sometimes, but he still loved them. 

They were family, and that’s all that matters. 

Ludwig had been so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t even realize that Bowser was waving a hand in front of his face, trying to get his attention. 

“HellooOOO? Is anyone in there? LUDWIG!” yelled Bowser angrily, causing the oldest Koopaling to jump back in fright. 

Shaking his head and regaining himself, he tried to look up at his father, but couldn’t bring himself to do so. 

“Y-Yes father…?” asked Ludwig, trailing off. 

Bowser growled angrily, getting impatient. 

“I was trying to ASK YOU a question. WHAT. HAPPENED before I arrived?” yelled Bowser, smoke flaring out of his nostrils. 

Ludwig shut his eyes and held his breath, some of the smoke getting puffed into his face. 

Fanning the smoke away from his face, he glanced away from his father. 

“Vell...eferythink vas goink vell. I vantet to see vhat kint of shpells eferyone already knev, ant zey all kompliet...eferyone except Roy vho didn't efen schov me any shpells-” began Ludwig, giving the second largest Koopaling a side glare, scowling.