Ch.9

With Ludwig: 

The oldest Koopaling was sitting at his piano. 

His hair was still a disheveled mess, having neglected to fix it this time after Bowser had ruffled it up hours ago. 

He had zoned out, only pressing down on one key on his piano every few seconds, the single note being the only sound being made in his room. 

The curtains were drawn, his room basking in darkness, the only lightsource being the single beam of moonlight shining through a section of the curtains that were cracked open. 

His wand was resting on his nightstand beside the lamp. Lemmy had stopped by, returning the wand back to Ludwig after stealing it away from Bowser's bedroom.

Bowser would surely be angry when he found it was gone, but Ludwig didn't even consider this at the time, his thoughts being elsewhere. 

He was thinking back on the conversation he had with Kamek just hours ago, the Magikoopa having healed his bruise quicker than he expected, so it was completely gone now. 

Flashback to a few hours ago: 

Ludwig had been sitting on the examination table in the infirmary, looking down at the ground as he partially paid attention to what Kamek was saying. 

“-AND THEN WE COME BACK TO FIND THE TRAINING ROOM PARTIALLY DESTROYED! Ooh, the things I’ve witnessed can’t even be compared to the horrors of what we find after returning with the airship. And then what does your father do? He hits you! The amount of times he LOST IT with Roy. I know he doesn’t mean it since that’s how HE was raised by HIS father before he became king, but he still shouldn’t be doing it! It’s turned Roy even worse than he used to!” exclaimed Kamek angrily, having been ranting the entire time. 

This puzzled Ludwig, glancing over at the Magikoopa as he continued to brew up a potion to help heal his bruise faster. 

“Father hat hit Roy before? Ven vas zis?” asked Ludwig, tilting his head to the side. He never knew of any of this, considering he had never seen a single bruise on Roy other than the bruises he recieves during fist fights with one of the Koopalings, or after a battle with the Mario brothers.

Kamek sighed, shaking his head. 

“Roy’s going to kill me for sure if he finds out I told someone….but alright. The reason why Roy has been acting all mean and...like THAT more often than he used to is because your father had tried disciplining him. He gets in a LOT more trouble than you think. It just turned him more into a rebel than anything. He stopped a few months ago after realizing that disciplining him the way his father raised him wasn’t working. It’s not his fault, it was the way he was raised, and he always feel horrible afterwards” explained Kamek, having finished the potion and had turned around, walking over to the oldest Koopaling. 

He handed the potion to Ludwig. 

“Rub this on the bruise. It should heal it up within an hour after applying. Don’t get it in your eye, and don’t drink it” said Kamek, handing the small bottle over to Ludwig. 

Ludwig eyed it suspiciously. 

“...drink it…?” he asked, a little confused. 

Kamek sighed, shaking his head and turning away. 

“You don’t want to know. Roy thought it was something you drink. Let’s just say he got sick for a few weeks afterwards” explained Kamek, keeping the details vague.