Ch.24

With Ludwig: 

The oldest Koopaling groaned in pain, slowly waking up from what felt like the worst sleep of his life. 

Sitting up and rubbing his head, he managed to regain his vision. 

Looking around, he gasped. 

He was in one of the large prison cells that was located in the basement of the castle. 

The underground prison had several large cells meant for holding multiple prisoners, but had not been used in a long time. 

There was a separate entrance for the underground prison, being locked off by a large metal door so as to not allow any escapees to enter the actual castle. Kamek was the only one with the key for the large metal door separating the prison from the castle. 

Whoever had brought him here had either gotten access with the key, or had gone through the separate entrance that was located on the east side of the castle (which, too, was kept locked). 

Ludwig was startled by the sound of the said metal door opening, multiple footsteps being heard walking over. 

Standing in front of the cell he was in, the Koopalings all had mixed emotions clearly written on their faces. 

Roy looked to have taken charge, his arms crossed as he glared. It was unclear what he was feeling at the moment, considering his eyes were hidden behind his sunglasses. 

Wendy looked to be feeling the same, a hand on her hip as she glared. 

Lemmy looked worried and unsure, and Iggy was standing beside his twin, the tallest Koopaling smiling innocently. 

Morton and Larry both looked indifferent, the two just standing and watching, wondering what would happen next. What surprised Ludwig the most was the fact that Morton was recording this entire thing with his video camera, the little red light blinking. 

And then there was Junior, the youngest Koopaling looking just as worried as Lemmy, only he was glaring slightly, looking confused as to what was going on. 

Junior was holding his wand, meaning he must have dropped it when the Koopalings tackled him to the ground. 

He could faintly recall the youngest picking it up shortly after his arrival, clearly shocked and confused as to what was going on. 

“Ah, I see, I have been correct. The medication you had injected him with had indeed worked as planned. As stated on the bottle, it would knock someone out for thirty minutes before they wake up again...either that or it would kill them” said Iggy, grinning, but then frowned and said the last part quickly. 

The other Koopalings were clearly shocked by this, turning their attention to the tallest Koopaling. 

“Then why did you let us use it!?” exclaimed Morton.

Iggy shrugged. 

“It said 'either', so I took a gamble. See, he’s not dead!” exclaimed Iggy, pointing a finger at Ludwig. 

The oldest Koopaling was now standing near the bars, glaring at them with so much hate, it would have suffocated them all. 

“Vat is ze meanink of zis?” muttered Ludwig lowly, growling as he clenched his fists. 

His hair was still a disheveled mess, some of it falling in front of his face, casting a dark shadow over his eyes and making him look scary. 

Lemmy squeaked in fright, hugging Iggy tightly and hiding his face, the smallest Koopaling fearing what Ludwig might do to them if they let him out now.