Ch.44

With Ludwig: 

The oldest Koopaling could only see darkness.

He had no idea if he was in some sort of dark void, or if he was just knocked out and his eyes were still closed.

He hoped it was neither. 

He had some time to think, at least. 

The last thing he DID remember was that giant, brainless pig minion grabbing him before he could rip that annoying Beanish to shreds.

He must have been knocked out shortly after. 

With one punch to the back of his head, too. 

Normally it took three stomps to the back of his head by the Mario brothers, or anyone else for that matter, to actually knock him out. 

That also included his siblings, too. 

But Fawful’s minion just had to do one hard punch to the back of his head and he was out cold. 

It was obvious these two were not playing any games, and they were actually serious about trying to get him to betray his family in favour of using him. 

But WHY would they want him? 

Sure, he was the cruelest Koopaling, and the strongest when it came to Koopa magic, but he was stronger when he’s with his siblings. 

Unless there was another reason why they wanted him on their side so badly. 

It then clicked. 

That’s right! 

Fawful had been calling him ‘Kooky’, his old nickname instead of his real name. 

Feeling a sense of anger, Ludwig wouldn’t help but think back to two months ago. 

Before Roy had apologized for what he had done and promised to be a better brother, he had been calling him ‘Kooky’ and was accusing him of murder (which he had been right about but no one believed him because all of the evidence was gone). 

But why would Fawful want him to be Kooky? 

His life of being known as Kooky Von Koopa was now over, why would anyone want him to revert back to his old ways as a mad genius who was crazy and eccentric? 

Unless….

That’s right! 

Fawful had mentioned that one of his Fawfulcopters had caught a video of what happened two months ago. It must have also caught the audio of what they had been saying. 

A sense of dread fell upon Ludwig. 

Fawful now had a piece of evidence that he could use against him, having the power to show everyone in all of the kingdoms what Ludwig had done. 

If the other kingdoms heard that there was a cold blooded murderer living in Cloud Land and JUST so happened to be one of Bowser’s Koopalings, everything would surely go into chaos, demanding the ‘murderer’ be executed for his crimes. They would all be driven into fear, scared of the fact that a murderer was being let free instead of being punished. 

And now, Fawful has the means of using that information to get him to do what he wanted. 

He would have to be careful, hoping the Beanish wouldn’t try anything.