Ch.58

With the Koopalings: 

The six Koopalings, after Iggy and Lemmy had decided to head inside after leaving Chomperette on the airship, were all standing nearby as Peach and Bowser spoke to the King of Cloud Land. 

Mario, Luigi, and Toadsworth were also standing nearby, in case they were needed. 

Roy sighed, shaking his head. 

“I still think we should go down ta da dungeon n' git Junior n' Ludwig while dose two r' talkin' ta da king 'bout lettin' 'em go” muttered Roy angrily. 

Larry nodded in agreement. 

“Yeah. If what Iggy and Lemmy said was true, then Ludwig might be more hurt than he was willing to show, for Junior’s sake” said Larry. 

Wendy sighed in annoyance, placing a hand on her hip. 

“What you’re all saying is true, and we should go down there and get them, but are we just going to ignore the fact that Ludwig HELPED Fawful and his minion for a short amount of time? Why do you think he did it?” asked Wendy, sounding confused as to why Ludwig would ‘betray’ them. 

Iggy perked up.

“OH! I knoooOOOOWWWW!” exclaimed the tallest Koopaling, having a theory. 

“Well? What be it?” asked Roy, shrugging, wanting to get over Iggy's crazy theory. 

Iggy chuckled, pushing up his glasses so they were sitting on his snout properly. 

“WeeeEEEEELLLLLLllllllllll....Ludwig is a smart genius who has the capability to come up with quick second plans. I beLIEVE that Ludwig was only tricking them into THINKING he was betraying us by pretending to be Kooky. He HAD to hurt us and those four minions to make them believe he was really on their side. I don’t know where Fawful and his minion are now, since Ludwig’s castle and the airship dock building were both empty, meaning Ludwig must have somehow gotten rid of them. Where they are is now a mystery, but one thing’s for certain, Ludwig did NOT betray us. He was only pretending” explained Iggy, having realized what Ludwig’s true intentions were shortly after Wendy had reminded them of what happened a few days ago. 

The Koopalings were all shocked, letting it sink in. 

“You know...you’re actually pretty right...I can’t believe we didn’t realize that sooner…” admitted Larry, now feeling horrible about believing Ludwig had really betrayed them. 

The second youngest then glanced up at Roy, having yelled at him for thinking something else was going on that they didn’t know about. 

Roy shook his head, his arms crossed. 

“Dat doesn't matta anymore. We can apologise later, once we git Ludwig back ta tha castle. Whereva 'Awful' n' his minion r', they're probably long gone naw” said Roy, frowning. 

Larry, Wendy, and Iggy all nodded in agreement, Lemmy refraining from doing so while Morton stood there staring off into space, smiling. 

Bowser laughed loudly, his laugh being so booming that it startled everyone in the room who didn’t expect it, which included the Koopalings, the Mario brothers, and Toadsworth. 

“Well, I’m glad you’re willing to let my sons go. Rest assured, Ludwig is NOT the same Koopaling he once was. What he did was something that my father would have done, but I have not followed in his footsteps, and neither are any of my children. He’s still young, so there are still a lot of things for him to learn at his age, and the same with all my other children” said Bowser, grinning as he patted the king’s back too hard, causing the king to stumble slightly.