Ch.14

With Ludwig: 

Ludwig and Junior were both standing on the upper deck of the airship, Bowser at the wheel. 

There was a control room just under them, multiple Koopa Troopas monitoring and keeping an eye on all of the systems and radars, making sure everything was alright and running smoothly. 

Bowser had been silent the entire time, keeping his eyes forward and glaring into the distance, focusing on getting them to the Mushroom Kingdom. 

Ludwig could see that Bowser’s fists were clenching the wheel, threatening to rip it apart out of anger, some smoke puffing out of the Koopa King’s nose. 

Ludwig and Junior were both standing beside their father, Ludwig with his hands held behind his back while Junior stood with his arms crossed. 

The eldest and youngest brothers both exchanged glances. 

Their father had been silent the entire time. 

Even when they met up with him on the airship, he didn’t say a single word to them. 

He had spoken into the speaker that was beside the wheel, telling the crew in the control room that they were ready to leave, and then kept silent after that. 

Ludwig glanced back at the landscape ahead of them, noticing they were halfway to their destination. 

They were just passing over Jungle World, the kingdom that Iggy had been stationed in maybe once or twice. 

It consisted of thick rainforests with rivers flowing with bright purple poison instead of water. 

It wasn’t Ludwig’s favorite kingdom, considering the humidity tended to make his hair all frizzy, and he hated that. 

Junior nudged Ludwig’s arm, causing the oldest Koopaling to glance down at him, tilting his head to the side in question. 

Junior nodded his head towards their father, giving him the hint of what he wanted him to do. 

Ludwig sighed, rolling his eyes and hanging his head. 

Regaining himself quickly, Ludwig cleared his throat, causing Bowser to tense up slightly. 

This puzzled the two brothers. 

“Father, are you alright? You hafe barely sait a single vort to me ant Junior” said Ludwig, looking up at Bowser. 

Bowser nodded, growling slightly. 

“Yes, son. I’m alright” said Bowser, clearly lying. 

Ludwig scowled, not buying the lie. 

“Really? Bekause it is klear zat somethink is botherink you. You hafe not sait a single vort to me ant Junior, ant you're klutchink ze vheel so hart zat it appears zat you vill damage ant break it, renderink ze airschip useless until it kan be repairet” said Ludwig simply. 

Junior smiled, nodding in agreement. 

Bowser sighed, loosening his grip on the wheel as he glanced down at his two sons. 

“I’m sorry, Ludwig, Junior. I’m just worried that one of you or your other siblings will get hurt. I’m just hoping that someone from the Mushroom Kingdom is behind the disappearence and murder” said Bowser, muttering the last part. 

Ludwig frowned, glancing away and biting his bottom lip nervously. 

He obviously couldn’t tell him the truth. 

He would surely get thrown off of the airship. 

He can, of course, levitate with the use of his wand.