4

"What? Dapat 'di ka nahihiya sa 'kin! Nahihiya na din tuloy ako sayo! We can be nahihiya buddies kapag nangyari 'yun!" We laughed together.

The time from both Luna and me passed by. Our little fun talks and laugh was so nice, that we thought we've been talking for an hour. She's like a pillow in my bed on which I can sleep comfortably on.

She is the type of person who would listen to all your feelings about life, your highs, and lows moments, and all that stuff. Even if you would say something boring and yawning material to her, she still would look and listen to you as if you had the best story in the world. Gusto ko na talaga siya!

But Luna doesn't always talk. I have tons on that part but however, she lacks a lot on that part. Baka naman kasi ay hindi siya palasalita na tao. Maybe... I don't know. Maybe she would rather let her ears hear while her mouth shut when in front of others. And that's okay for me.

Besides, we just met like an hour ago—is it an hour ago? I don't know, I forgot the time. If there's a chance that this friendship would last, unexpectedly, she would be comfortable with me. Like you know, she could tell me how her day went or how is she before we even met all that stuff. 

Kris arrived so late, which made me glad. Magkatabi kasi sila ni Luna. I was seating next to her seat, that's why I was so glad she wasn't there. If she arrived early, I wouldn't have a chance to meet Luna!

Our teacher arrived when the timing is right. Luna and I had just agreed that we would eat recess and lunch together. Nagkaroon ng isang malaking ngiti sa labi ko!

The teacher was finished talking when her time with us is over. Or more like, her lesson for the day is over. Sunod naman na pumasok sa room ay 'yung English teacher namin. Finally, something I could listen to and would understand a thing. Because our first subject in the morning is Filipino. Yeah, sure, I could speak some of it and I know some words in that language. But when we are in that subject, man, the words are deep. Ang layo mula sa mga nasa books na binabasa ko. That's the point of having that subject anyway, to learn more about the language. If that isn't already given.

After hours of listening to our teacher and looking at the board while painstakingly trying to not yawn, our morning class was over. The bell rang and the laughter, joy, and happiness from the students were heard over the hallway.

Salamat naman! I don't think that I could even last a second while my ears were being filled at the sound of our teacher reading out loud what happened hundred years ago. Minsan talaga, gusto ko na lang magfast forward sa time para 'di ko maranasan ang mga boring na bagay na 'yun. 

I put my hands on Luna's arm and hug it tightly. Her whole body jumped out of shock because of my sudden movement but I just giggle through it. Minsan, ang cute ni Luna kumilos. Minsan naman parang bata. I don't understand her that thoroughly but one thing I know is that she likes my company.

I know that she likes me. Because if she didn't, she wouldn't by my side, walking with me, with her teeth showing and her face gleaming with sunshine. From what I saw later on her face when the sun wasn't so bright yet, it looks very different. That morning, her eyes shined pools of water and her face was grim. But now, her eyes shined like the sun and her face was filled with sunshine. She looks pretty and free when she's smiling. That fits her the best.

"May alam ka bang pwedeng pagkain natin?" her teary eyes looked at me. I stopped in my tracks because of what she asked me. Disbelief filled my feelings because of her words ringing into my ear. Because I was clinging into her arms tightly, when I stopped, she also stopped.

"I thought..." I prolonged while looking all at the side of her face. I was analyzing her and was trying to find answers. "I thought alam mo kung saan pwedeng mag-eat," my forehead fell into a deep furrow. I was following her because I thought she knew.