Chapter 39: Not Again

Veronica

Goosebumps wrap around my body like a vice as Andrew's arm suffocates my frame. Rolling into his tightened scent, I lightly kiss the tattoos on his chest. As long as we've been together, I've never asked about them. He never spoke of them willingly.

I wonder if he'd be opposed to us getting one together. One that attaches us. Picturing myself with ink, it seems sexy, erotic and taboo, badass. The thought is popped as Andrew kisses my forehead. "Morning flower."

The caterpillars have hatched, and butterflies have woken inside my gut, fluttering about. I scoop an arm around his neck, bringing him to my lips. "Good morning handsome."

Flipped on my back, "Where's my breakfast doll face?"

I shrug my shoulders. He begins to tickle me, disliking the answer. "Andrew!" I can't stop giggling. He pulls my oversized shirt above my navel, then blows on the exposed skin. I laugh even harder as the sound of a fart protrudes through the air.

"That's what I think about you not making me breakfast in bed."

Clutching my legs around his waist, "I can order us room service."

His finger traces my lips before taking them with his. "Sounds perfect baby." The mattress collects my sunken imprint. Rolling over, I pick up the phone and dial up the kitchen.

"Hi! Yes.", answering with ebulance. "Can I please get two coffees, orange juice, water, scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles sent to room 730 please?" Yes, I'm hungry, and I know Andrew is too. "Okay, thank you!"

"Damn babe, who's going to eat all that food?"

Poking at his bare chest, he steals my hand, kissing the top of my palm. "You and I of course. I wonder if they'll just come in here and put everything on breakfast trays for us."

"You want them to feed us to? I'll get it when they knock. You ordered, so that's the least I can do."

I start to laugh, and his eyes question my motives. "Won't it be funny when they expect to see a woman on the other side of the door, since I ordered?"

"I guess so. But they'll get to see me. The sexiest man, said so by you."

Now would be the best time to bring it up, since he's full of himself. "Would you get a tattoo with me?"

"You actually want one? I'd love to sweetheart, but what are you thinking? And did you think of the placement? Coloring?"

Oh my, a lot goes into the these things. "I want to be more connected to you. I'm just concerned you don't have any room for me..."

Andrew shifts in the bed with a stricken face. "What do you mean? There's always room for you flower."

He didn't understand. "I mean on your body baby. Do you have space left for more ink?"

"Always. The palm of my hand."

I wince just thinking about the pain. "Babe that'll hurt so much."

"God you're cute. Have you seen the rest of my body? I think I can handle some pain on my palm. Even my scalp has tattoos."

I suppose he's right. "I want mine there to."

"Vee, this is your first tattoo. It's going to be on your skin forever. Really think before you ink."

Okay fine, he's right. "I want it on the top of my thumb then."

"I'll get mine on the bottom of my thumb then." Taking his hand, he brushes my hair back. "A rose, for the most beautiful flower I've ever seen. She has the sweetest smell, soft as velvet. Bubbly like champagne, my gut craves the carbonation. I don't dare mess with her. She's beautiful but deadly. Thorns like daggers dig into your skin. You're my rose, flower. Beautiful but deadly to my heart."