Chapter 18: Look Out

Veronica

"Thanks for coming out tonight. I didn't realize how much I needed a glass of wine. Or maybe two." I giggle before taking another sip. The dry taste creates cotton mouth. Andrew was kind enough to watch Flower as Aubrey and I went out.

At first he was reluctant. I suppose it was because he's worried about two pretty women, out by themselves. I insisted he'd have nothing to worry about. We can take care of ourselves. "Of course! I love this. Here, let me buy you another."

As I'm about to protest, she has already left her seat. I've drank enough to where I'm buzzed. Being a light weight, it doesn't take much for me. It's nice to no longer be in bed. I shrug it off, this is what I need. Andrew will understand.

The floor of bodies holds the energy I want to be around. Once Aubrey returns, we say a cheers. "Want to dance?" I miss dancing. I haven't let loose in years. I deserve this.

"No thanks. I'm not the dancing type. But you should!"

I take a gulp of wine. "Booo, you whore!" Mocking her with Regina George's line. "Fine. I'll dance alone." It's not the first time I've done it, won't be the last. Hurrying to finish my drink, I don't want it getting piss warm.

The feeling of drunkenness takes over. I feel great! The beat takes over my mind. Shifting feet, I move my hips to the music. I wish Andrew was here. I can feel the bud between my legs throbbing. I forgot how horny I get when I drink.

Dropping to the floor, I come back up, arching my back, then whipping my hair out of my face. Smiling at the fun I'm having, someone else is to. Off to the corner, a man stares at me with alluring blue eyes. Smirking as he watches me. I love that he can only watch, not touch.

I turn my ass towards him, giving him a show. Hiking my dress up, a breeze crawls up between my thighs. Pulling at my straps, the man stands behind me. I accidentally bump into him. A hard chest holds me. "You better be careful Princess. If you continue to undress, I'll have to save you."

I turn towards him with a dirty look. "I'm not a princess. I'm a fucking queen!" His head threatens to touch the floor, as he throws his head back to laugh.

"You're also beautiful." It's almost as if the music has stopped. It's just us here, alone. "Dance with me." Then my senses snap back into place.

"I'm married." I flash the ring. His features don't appear surprised.

"One dance won't hurt." He spins me around, hands go to my hips, controlling my movements. I throw my head back into his chest.

I feel his lips on my neck. Lost, in the liquor and sounds, I forget who I'm with. Thinking the man is Andrew, I give him all I have. Moaning into the club air, it's lost in the booming beat. I'm so drunk. Losing my footing, but this gentleman catches me.

Facing him again, I wrap my arms around his neck. His hands slither down my back, resting above my ass. "You're husband is a lucky man."

Sobering up, "Yes, you're right. I better get going. It was nice to meet you."

I get out of there before he can introduce his name. Stumbling back to Aubrey, she sits there on her phone, sipping water. "I'm ready to go."

"Already? Okay, let me finish my drink." I see her flirty smile. "Who was that guy you were dancing with?"

"A mistake. Please don't tell Andrew." I've had enough to drink. I need to get back home.

"You're secret is safe with me."