Chapter 38: Yes!

Veronica

"Andrew, this isn't right." He stands outside my hotel room. A solemn face, hands deep down in his pockets, what's he digging for? "You need to go home to Kiara."

"We're not together anymore." I'm shocked. They seemed so into each other. I saw it in both of their eyes. "I told her everything. It's not fair to her, when I'm still in love with you."

My hands creep to my lips, shocked that this is happening. "But you cheated...I can't go through it again."

I stare at his new shoes. Kiara must have bought them for him. What a nice woman to let him keep them. "Can I come in?"

I'm going to regret this, "Okay."

We sit out on the balcony, so our voices don't disturb Flower. "You're not going to believe me, but there's a lot you need to know."

Oh god, my mind goes back and forth. Is she pregnant? "When we first started working together, I did have sexual thoughts about Aubrey. We were out in the parking garage and she kissed me. I pushed her off Vee. Aubrey thought we should be together, but I love you and Flower too much to cheat again. She didn't like the response. So she followed me to the hotel room, drugged and....raped me."

"She was at the bar. We were supposed to meet for work. That's when I found her passed out on the bathroom floor. I took her back to her hotel room, and that's when you walked in. I never slept with her Veronica, not willingly. It all stemmed from the bathroom incident at work."

"What bathroom incident?" I somehow manage to ask.

He goes on to tell me about how he accidentally bumped into her, dirtying her clothes with the food that was in her hands. Up to the point where she came into the bathroom with her shirt off.

I hear the truth in his voice, all of it. I see it as he bounces his leg. I know what it's like to go through such a thing, and no one believes you. "Andrew...I'm so sorry. You nor anyone deserves to go through that." Pushing myself off the chair, I hold him in my arms. "I slept with someone after I thought I caught you with her. To get back at you. I felt so disgusting, still do. Even more so considering what you just told me."

He sighs into my neck, I can still feels his hands on my back. "It's okay Vee. We can start over."

"I'm scared Andrew. Maybe we're better off without each other."

He peels me back by my hair. "I miss you. Waking up to you, eating blueberry oatmeal with eggs."

I giggle, "You didn't even eat any!"

He presses a peck to my lips. "Please, let's see where it goes. I can't stop thinking about you. I've been hiding my feelings. I love you so much."

I can't deny how I feel either. "I love you to Andrew, but for our daughter-."

"She needs us baby. I'm begging you please, just give me a chance." I feel like I've given him one hundred.

"You can take me out tonight, on that date I didn't make. I'll buy." He smiles, and I love seeing it. "Do that more often."

"Okay. Only for you."

                                     Andrew

I've been standing out in this hallway, well over ten minutes. Up and down I've walked rehearsing lines in my head. "Just do it." Hiding the bouquet of roses behind my back, I knock on her door.

When she opens it, I remind myself that I'm so glad I masturbated before getting ready. Otherwise, she would be giving me a fucking chub right now. Who knows? She might even blue ball me tonight. Her legs cross at the ends. A tight red dress hugs her hips. I slowly scan her skin. Biting my lip, I can't wait to have a taste.