Chapter 19: In Flames

Blowing on the cup of hot brewed coffee, I stare at the clock. Each second the hand continues to tick, the more impatient I become. Please don't show up. Please don't show up. The jingle runs through my head. Strident squeals of heels warn me of the one thing I didn't want to happen. She showed up. I still plan on telling Mr. Grange what happened. Adjusting my black tie, I can't even bring myself to fix her with a death glare.

"Good morning Mr. Mena." My eyes are boulders held back from rolling.

"Andrew." I don't return the greeting. This bitch walks in here looking effortlessly sexy. I can't stop myself from eyeing her shoes, up her long legs, to her short knee high dress, to the breasts she decided not to cover up.

"Right." Her eyes scatter across the room. Minimal makeup, hair is pinned up today. "Listen Andrew, I want to apologize."

"For which part?"

Her mouth is stuck open. I focus my attention back on the computer screen in front of me, reading the text. "Excuse me?"

"Are you apologizing for following me half naked into the bathroom, or taking pictures of my wife dancing with another man?" She's caught dead in her tracks. Shifting her weight on her left heel. How can it hold up that much ass? Fuck I need to get the thought of her naked out of my damn mind.

"Your wife wanted me to take that picture. I only did what she asked. And yes, I'm sorry for following you. That was between us Andrew. I didn't want anyone seeing me in that state without the correct context. You knew what happened. I didn't feel like explaining that my first day on the job. Don't get your panties in such a bunch. Have you never seen a pair of boobs before?"

Too many to count. "Whatever. We have a meeting in an hour. Eight o'clock. Just get to work on those files. I'll retrieve you when it's time, to show you where we need to go."

Once she nods her head in understanding, I remove myself from the chair for her to sit. Seated at a new desk, the cold glass registers how vacant and lonely it was before I got here. It's so hard to focus on my work, when we are right across from each other.

Can't believe she had the nerve to be such a smart ass. HaVe YoU NeVeR SeEN A PaIr oF bOoBs bEfOrE? She has no idea, just how many pairs of tits I have seen. I don't discriminate, I love all sizes. Veronica's used to be on the small side before she gave birth. Now I get to lay my head on her pillows, well my pillows.

Just as I'm about to get started officially, I get an email. No one ever sends me emails. They always just come talk to me, or call my desk. Who the fuck sends emails back and forth anymore?

Tattoolover: You know, I've noticed a lot of girls around here have their eyes on you. Veronica better watch out.

It can only be Aubrey, and she just let me know one of her fetishes. Girls have their eyes on me everywhere I go. Just like Veronica has men staring her down everywhere she goes. It's something I'm used to. Women think it's okay to grab me, just because I'm a guy, and they think I want sex all the time. No. If you're ugly, I don't fucking want you touching me at all.

Not even a pat on the fucking shoulder. Men have asked for her number while I was in the room. Did they get it? Pfft, what do you think? Fuck no! They did get something. I flipped some tables over, about to kick their asses. I got kicked out before I was able to.

Me: She has nothing to worry about. Veronica is out of all their leagues. Besides, there's no one who can ever replace my flower.

That shut her up until the meeting. Think she got the message. Tossing the empty coffee cup into the trash bin, I walk over to Aubrey. "Hey, meeting starts in ten minutes. I like to be early. So get your ass up, and lets go. Or I can just leave without you."