Chapter 49: What did you do?

Andrew

The halls are haunted with silence. I still can't seem to sleep. My girl isn't wrapped in my arms. Our fight left us in different rooms to simmer the anger that streams through our veins. I understand that she wants more, but she doesn't understand why it's not a good idea.

Sitting on the couch listening to the clock tick, it snows on the tv. Nothing on to watch. I turn it off and sit in the dimness of the streaming light from the moon. Foot steps awaken my ears. A silhouette creeps in the distance. A long willowy white shirt hangs down mid-thigh.

Dark hair corners her ears. Her bare feet softly pad towards me. I don't take my eyes of the beautiful creature. My shirt has been gone. It left hours ago. Basketball shorts cater to my kneecaps. When she's close enough, I conjure up enough balls to talk to her.

"What are you doing up baby?" She bashfully rubs her forearm.

"I've been tossing and turning all night. I can't sleep without you. I hate that we fight."

Sighing, I feel the same way. "Come here." I pat my lap, hoping she complies.

Bare thighs snug either side of mine as she straddles me. She snugs into my neck. I rub her back softly. "I'm sorry Andrew. I am in too much of a rush. A smart man once told me, to live in the seconds."

I could become a jealous ass and freak out asking who told her that. Instead, I smile. "It's okay babe."

"I still want you." Her whisper transcends.

Hugging her tight, "I want you too sweetheart."

"Can I kiss you?" Why is she even asking? She didn't ask to stroke my ball-sack yesterday. She's something else. I don't even answer. Peeling her back, I smack her with my lips. Laying her down on the couch, I lay on top of her. Legs wrap around my torso.

"Want to go lay down in bed? Try to go to sleep?"

"Only if you're coming with me." A slew of butterflies swarm in my gut. I carry her off to the bedroom innocently. We pack in tightly against one another.

"Get some rest flower." She presses a kiss to my cheek. I'm glad neither of us went to bed angry.

<\3

The day has slurred together. We're all sitting in the truck at  The McQueens Island's Trail. I thought since it's a beautiful day, Flower has no home work, why not all of us go for a walk with beautiful scenery? Veronica and I get out at the same time. She reaches our daughter first.

"Let's put some sun spray on you doll face." The mist welcomes itself into my nostrils, smelling of coconuts. "Okay! Let's go." While she takes one hand, I take the other. Both of us hold her tiny hands.

Then Veronica sounds off, ruining the tranquility. "Baby shark dodo dodo do baby shark dodo dodo do." Flower can't help but dance and sing along. The smiles and laughing of my wife drives me wild. I love to see her happy.

"Daddy sing with me!" Oh hell no.

"You sing. You're voice is much prettier." Which it is. Imagine a grown ass man singing this song. Even saying I'll sound like a wildebeest is insulting to the creature. Half way down the trail, a man stops jogging. He can't take his eyes off Veronica.

Does he not realize that she has a family? He takes his ear piece out, approaching her, as if Flower and I aren't here. "Hey, you remember me?"

Veronica laughs, looking to me for answers. I don't fucking know him. I pick Flower up after Vee has released her. "No I'm sorry, I don't."