Chapter 35: Fresh Start

Present Post Divorce
                                    Veronica

Flower's first weekend with her daddy has arrived. And it will be the first I see him also after the divorce. Though I want nothing to do with him, I hope he's okay, for Flower's sake. Using Derricks car again, I assured that I'd get a job. Especially since she'll be with her daddy. I hope I can find a place to work around my schedule.

Andrew moved into an apartment across town. We didn't get as much as we should have for the house, because well, he destroyed the damn place. I was upset, but what can I do? Best thing to do is to move forward. I'm glad he's out of there, so I don't have to go back.

Parallel parking does come in handy in these big cities. Too bad I haven't mastered it. It takes me at least five minutes to do so. I don't heed to the glares of others. In park, I shut the car off.

"Ready baby girl?" I watch as she plays with her ponies. We got her a hair cut, Derrick insisted because of how hot it is. I was adamant at first, but it's really growing on me. "Pretty girl."

Unbuckling myself, she's next once I'm out of the car. Collecting her bag, I quickly shoot a text to Andrew.

Me: Here

Picking her up, along with her bags, we execute into the building. I'm ready for the blast of cold air. Sweat drips between my cleavage. Padding the fabric against my chest to collect the drops. "Excited to see daddy?" She nods her head slowly into my chest. "What's wrong?"

"Why can't you stay with us?" I suppose I could stay for five minutes, but that is it.

"Sweetheart, your daddy and I are no longer in love. But we still love you so so so so much. That will never change. Ever. Understand?" Like before, she slowly nods her head.

"Good morning ladies." The doorman greets us before opening the door.

"Morning, thank you so much."

Wow...this is nice. Too nice. How can he afford this?

Walking across the crystal marble, we approach the front desk

Walking across the crystal marble, we approach the front desk. The lady glances up from the computer screen. Her eyes are glazed with weariness. I'd offer her a coffee, but seems she already has Starbucks beside her. "Hello, how may I help you?"

Clearing my throat, "Hi, I'm here to drop my daughter off at her father's."

"His name ma'am."

That would be helpful wouldn't it? "Andrew Mena."

A sudden gloss awakens in her irises. She recognizes the name because, who could forget how handsome Andrew is? "I didn't know Mr. Mena had a daughter. She's beautiful. Hi sweetie."

"His room ma'am."

"Right, 504." Nodding, I offer a thank you before evacuating.