Oakland (Jamilton)

I'm writing this because the 450 views made me realize that just because I have school doesn't mean you guys don't deserve chapters and my love. Love you guys!!!! Thank you so much for 450 reads!!! There are so many Blindspotting and UTK references in here. Cookies if u get them and comment.

Jefferson POV

"Come ooonnnnn" I yelled at my Lexi who under-packed. All he had was four pairs of jeans, two hoodies (one being mine), three t-shirts, and his laptop.

"Just becau-" I put my fingers to his mouth and looked  up as I heard,

"Flight 95 on American Airlines to Oakland California, now boarding first class."

Lexi and I looked at each other before taking off to where we should be boarding. We're third class because we are broke college students trying to take a vacation on spring break.

We reached it in a few minutes thanks to me, because I travel quite a bit and know my way around this place.

Am I broke college student? Yes. Do my parents buy tickets for me to come home? Yes.

We were able to board our plane from JFK and start our way home. I was excited after all, I was getting to introduce my boyfriend to my main homies, Jemmy and Adams. Adams and I had almost died together once in a shooting near a park and that shit was nuts.

I smiled to myself, thinking of my hometown. Lex was looking at me with his head tilted as if to ask what I was thinking about.

"I can't wait to show you around" I explained.

He smiled before saying, "I can't wait for you to show me around."

He then pulled out his laptop from his book bag and set it on his lap. He started typing away on an assignment that probably wasn't due for another month or two. I looked out the window and put earbuds in. I watched as we flew over cities, farms, and mountains. Part of me still wanted to touch a cloud because I'm still mentally 5 half the time. I hummed along to some rap songs my friends and I recorded.

About six hours later that plane finally landed and Lexi was oblivious to this, just like everything else. I closed his laptop and he looked up at me with confusion before the realization hit that we landed.

When we got off the plane I could easily spot Jemmy and Adams. I made eye contact with them before we came off the escalater. Each of our faces lit up as we saw each other. It had been almost a year but none of us had really changed.

When we got to the bottom, Alex followed me over to them, which wasn't the easiest thing because I pretty much ran and it was crowded.

I got to them and quickly started talking to them, which consisted mostly of  bay slang. Alex got here shortly after.

"Jem, Adams, this is Alex" I said, my New York accent was already gone.

"Ayy yo Alex, was good bruh."

"Ayyyyy Thomas won't shut up boutcha." 

(I'm trying guys I swear)

The four of us talked for forever and before any off us processed it, Adams was driving us back to Jemmy's. We usually hung out there and freestyled for a bit, wrote some songs, recorded in a closet a few times.

We got there and Alex started humming the beginning to one of our songs, Vanity.

(Look it up. Please)

"Sing it." I requested while unloading out suitcases.

He rolled his eyes at me, forgetting the three of us made that song.

"Look at me, look at me, look at me"

Jemmy and Adam looked at me, clearly excited.

"Vanity Vanity Vanity   Painting the town like a canopy    They mad at me, mad at me, mad at me"

Adams took at a breath before starting his rap part.

"Look at me, look at me, look at me, vanity, vanity, vanity, feel the humanity I-  pain is the canopy I- blood is a the canvas. Ego's that brush that I paint with. Feel the sound of the base hit, wanna drown in the fake shit. Ooo-wee sweet smell of the validation. Meet me, down in hell with the ovation. Who am I? Just a man with an obligation to sell every but of insecurity for the compensation."

Lex just stared at him with clear excitement in his eyes. He had loved the song since he found it under my name on Spotify. He yelled at me for not telling him about it for a bit, at least until I asked if he heard something cause I didn't. But then he kicked my shin and blasted Royal from his bed.

"This is my life, and I'mma ruin it but they gon say that I look fucking mighty fine doin it"

We all laughed and sang the chorus. Jemmy's part started after a minute.

"Look at me, look at me. Oh man I'm cheffin I must have a cook in me"

Lexi continued to watch with pure awe as Adams and I yelled an "AYEE" when it got to the faster parts.

"Some choose between what you should do and what you could do but I always choose to do the two ways."

We sang the chorus and I decided I was forcing Alex to sing the part he already knew.

"Look at me, look at me, look at me, god only knows what this livin done took from me" I continued. Alex was rapping quietly with me.

"All these likes on my Twitter be feeding my" I stopped abruptly and Lex already knew what was happening.

"Vanity, Vanity, Vanity, let me talk candidly. I been buying jackets like kids buying candy. My sanity gone but goddammit I'm fly and the man in the mirror is clearer than he ever been. Loving thee shine in my skin, loving the sheen of the jewls"

He continued rapping perfectly, as I knew my beloved would.

We finished the song and high-fived.

"Didn't think you little boyfriend could rap," Adams laughed.

"I may be small but I have made teachers cry," My Lexi replyed.

"Ha, that shit's still dope," Jemmy laughed.

I laughed and shook my head. This was going to be a very interesting week.