The Show (Jamilton)

Clipping. song inspired.

TW: kidnapping, mention of violence, sex trafficking,

Clipping. AU

Ham POV

I opened my eyes and saw light for the first time in, maybe a week? A month? I have no clue. It has definitely been a while.

The light was coming from above me. I had to blink a few times before my eyes adjusted to the light, even then, it was really bright. I could barely make out what was in front of me. The ground ended and then there was... something? I was strapped to a chair, I knew that much.

I tried to figure out where I was. All I could really see was my chair and the hard floor. There was the person who fucking kidnapped me, I've just started calling her Amie. I needed a name and she wouldn't give me one.

I recognized it vaugly from a similar instance. Another auction. No one wanted me last time. I guess I look too white. Everyone was a person of colour. I guess people just couldn't tell with me. Not like it's helping that I get a meal per day and that meal is typically left-overs and I haven't seen the sun in practically forever.

Maybe I'll get lucky and there's some sort of undercover cop here or something to save me.

No. You know better than that. I thought.

Can't loose all hope.

"Which body part should go first?" Amie called out to the crowd.

Well this is a bit different from the last one.

She walked over, her spotlight following her, and untied the gag.

"Don't blink, don't make a sound, it's okay to cry," She muttered as she did it. She seemed bored, though she usually was at these events. She could just flip the switch and suddenly be animated for the crowd.

"You all payed to watch, let's start the show!" She shouted to the croud, now smiling.

I still couldn't see a crowd but I could here the hundreds of people roar. I started disassociating.

I vaugly heard the shouting out of various body part names. Dick seemed to be more frequent than the rest. Then I heard one thing very different, and louder than the rest.

"I'll take him!"

I was no longer disassociated.

It was a man's voice. Suddenly there was a light in the crowd, though I still couldn't see him very well. He was in some weirdly colourful clothes. He was probably the only person here who wasn't white.

Jefferson POV

I had been to a few of these things types of things before. They were always in basements for whatever reason.

I always tried to get a person alive and in one piece but if I had to wait for them to cut a finger off, it's better than an eye or heart.

I walked in and saw only trashy white people in their stupid boring formal shit. I, however, showed up in a colourful suit and everyone here probably thought I was either weird or just had more money than them.

Now I was here specifically because I'm working on a case on one of the people who should be here. His name was Hamilton.

We went to college together so I had an idea of what he looked like after not eating for a week. He was my co-worker a while back too.

I watched as they brought the first person out. It wasn't him and I slipped my airpods in and turned some music up all the way and looked at the curtain. I smiled occasionally at my music but everyone around me thought I was just as insane as them.

About an hour passed before I watched them bring out Hamilton. I tried to catch his attention subtly, and that was not working, though he probably couldn't see the crowd, none-the-less me. They began and people started screaming for parts of him. I stood up.

"I'll take him!" I yelled over everyone else. Everyone quieted down at that. This didn't happen often. I usually am able to get to them before this.

"How many pieces?" She yelled back.

"One."

"Head backstage."

Two guards tried to escort me but I shoved their hands off my arms.

"I can walk by myself, thank you," I told them as I started walking down the stairs to the backstage entrance.

I was able to arrest everyone backstage and leave them in a place my co-workers could easily find them and their co-workers could not. I found some other people tied up, and I recognized some of them from old cases. In the end I got them all in the Limo I got to take me to and from that place just to make me look a bit more natural with these people.

They were all still rather scared of what was happening but I tried to reassure them that they were more or less safe. I sent a text to the people waiting for an "ok" to go get the sex trafficers. I don't really care if they suffer a little bit more then they're supposed to.

I got them all back to the station and let them start taking showers and me and several others started ordering whatever food they wanted.

After a while I actually got to talk to Hamilton. He waited for everyone else to get a shower first.

"Ham," I smiled and sat across from him on the floor. There were chairs, he just didn't care for them too much I guess.

"You know that's not my name but at this point you could call me anything, I really don't care, thank you. Thank you so much," I saw now that he was crying quite a bit.

"Aw you're welcome Daddy," I replied laughing.

"Nevermind fuck you," He casually wished.

"Ok, but Daddy is my thing so-"

"Oh my god don't tell me you actually-" He laughed. God he was still kind of adorable. He still needed food, a shower, and sleep though. He looked unhealthy as fuck, but his personality was still as I remembered. Sassy.

"Ok, ok, shut up," I started, "what do you want to eat?"

"Your d-"

"Hamilton," I cut him off worningly even though we were both holding back laughter.

"Fine, uh, could we share a pizza?" He asked.

"Sure, what toppings?"

"Whatever you want, I don't care, I just want food."

We stared at each other for a moment.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you out if there sooner." I mumbled. I always felt horrible about it. I always wished I could get more people and sooner.

"At least you got to me before my left eye was sold to a phycopath," He shrugged.

"Please don't say that," I whispered.

He tilted his head at me a bit but nodded to sign he understood.

I sat with Hamilton and we got everything from his life before organized. After another couple minutes food started arriving.

Alexander and I sat on the floor of my living room eating pizza. We talked a little bit and somehow he ended up with my number. Yeah, I really have no clue how that happened.