His Jefferson (Jeffmads)

Based off Jemmy calling TJ his Jefferson❤

Jemmy POV

Today is my last day in Virginia with my best friend (who happens to be my crush) before we move to New York City forever. That means so many different things. I have so much to do before my Thomas gets here in three hours and we start the long ass trip up.

I already have my things packed, I've already said my good byes to everyone I care about. The list was simple:

1. Tell parents I'm not really Christian and haven't been for four years

2. Tell parents I'm gay

3. Tell parents I voted against Tr*mp

4. Don't cry because I've planned how they react

5. Get to college

This should be fun...

Now, at the end of this day I won't have to pay for college cause I changed who could access the bank account that we were using for collage money, so I'll probably be fine there. But I will be a disappointment to my parents and be the gay cousin.

Fun.

I already had my bags outside and was ready to tell my parents when my Thomas showed up and came in. He already knew all of it, and I was really scared when I told him. His response was fairly simple:

"Cool. Uh, I guess this is as good a time as any, so I'm gay too."

He started talking about how stupid it was that gay couples couldn't adopt in some places. I was completely blown away.

He knew I was coming out today, and was prepared with a playlist for in the car. That was really what I was looking forward to. Listening to him rap all clipping. songs because he's a show off, but he's a really hot show off. I get to sing the chorus and watch him.

He walked in and my parents quickly came to say goodbye.

"Oh, I'll miss you so much!" My mother told me as she hugged me.

"You're the perfect child! Make us proud," my father told me.

I really fucking hate it here.

But on the bright side now I feel like Miles in the one scene from Blindspotting where another guy yells as him "I HATE MY DAD." I smile as I think of the movie. My parents still have no idea what it's about and yet it's been my favourite movie since Freshman year of High School.

I looked at my Thomas and he nodded to the couch. I smiled and nodded back.

"Can we sit down? There's something I want to tell both of you."

They looked at me, somewhat confused, and walked over to the sofa to sit down.

"Number one, I'm gay"

"Woo!" my Thomas immediately cheered and started clapping while my parents sat there in shock.

"I KNEW IT. YOU OWE ME $50"

"ugh you had to do this today? Couldn't have been last week?"

This was not the read I was expecting. "What the..."

"Oh honey, as you kids say sometimes, we been knew."

I stood there in shock as my mom came up and hugged me again.

Now I started crying a little bit.

"Now, you know I don't exactly approve of that lifestyle, but I think Thomas and you are a wonderful couple."

"We're not-"

"Wait, you're not dating Thomas?"

"Looks like I'll be keeping $25," my father mumbled in my mother's direction.

I looked to Thomas, who held two thumbs up supportively.

I decided on holding off on the Christian and Democrat topics.

Honestly, I still don't know how my school has a Bible Club when it's illegal for them to put money towards it. I still wish we had some interesting people there though, like with different religions. All the people here are Christians. It's kind of annoying.

After another 15 minutes, Thomas interrupted with a reminder that we kind of had to leave.

After a few more goodbyes, I put my bags in my Thomas's car and got in the passenger side. I flipped off the school.

I smiled as my Thomas drove on the interstates, rapping Shooter and smiling. Eventually we stopped at a gas station and when my Thomas got back in he looked at me like he was confused. Brows furrowed, head tilted, yet still smiling a bit as he looked me up and down.

"You know..." He trailed off. I was getting concerned.

"with the whole coming out, being unexpectedly accepted and leaving right away, your not... sad or anything? Just happy"

"Well," I hesitated a moment, looking for the right words, "I didn't expect it I can keep in contact with them. But also I was preparing for the worst and I have no attachment to my parents anymore."

He was silent for a moment then started the car again.

"Respect."

"Why thank you, my dear Thomas"

He blushed at the nickname, and then I realized I said the "my" out loud.

"I-" I went to speak but Thomas was at a stoplight.

Now to you that may not seem like a big deal, but he was stopped which means there was a reason I was cut off.

I stopped because his lips we're on mine.

I froze a moment before kissing back. The rest of the drive was a haze of lyrics.

Was the drive long? Hella. Did the playlist and my Thomas make the drive to New York City easier? Hella.

It was one in the morning when we got there, but it was beautiful. It was a beautiful place to restart and live without fear of being judged. It was perfect, just like my Jefferson.