Coconut (Burdosia)

Based on the time Burr bought a coconut for a modern $683. Comment how much it was back then and I'll add it here.

Modern AU

Aaron POV

This is probably my favourite place in New York City. It's calm here, which is rather refreshing. I'm watching the trees sway and listening to the sound of other people's gossip. I've come here after just about all significant events and when I'm upset. Just to review the past and the present and what I hope the future brings. I start day dreaming about the future soon enough.

I was broken out of my day dream by a gorgeous girl, walking in front of me with a woman in a red crop top, jean shorts, sunglasses, long brown hair, and white Vans, who I know as Maria Lewis. I helped Maria with her divorce last year, so I'm glad to see she's looking better. Her ex-husband was abusive so I helped her through the divorce as quickly as possible.

The girl walking with Maria was, just beautiful. Her skin is a bit lighter than mine, afro barely touching her shoulders, a crop top revealing vitiligo across her stomach that she traced it with eyeliner, dark sunglasses covering her eyes, jean shorts, brown strapy sandles, and a colourful bag on her arm that was facing away from me.

I thought it would only be polite to see how Maria was doing, after all, she was not okay a year ago when I helped her divorce. They put out an old looking blanket on the grass and sat down. The two of them looked up at the sky, which was currently at sunset. They talked and laughed a few minutes before I walked over, Maria seeing me and recognizing me, she sat up and urged her friend to do the same.

"Aaron Burr, nice to see you again! You still doing lawyer things?" Maria greeted, motioning for me to sit across from her.

I chuckled and sat. "Nice to see you too Maria. Yeah, I took today off. Needed a break from Hamilton, you know how he is. How have you been since last year?"

Maria rolls her eyes, "Do I ever. But, yeah, I've been good. A lot better with him out if my life." She looked at her confused friend, "Dosia, this is Aaron Burr. He helped me divorce Reynolds last year. He's the lawyer I have been trying to get you to contact. "

"Ohh ok, that made more sense. Theodosia Prevost, by the way." Dosia smiles.

I smile back. "Theodosia, is a beautiful name. So, what has Maria been wanting you to contact me about?"

Maria put her arm around Dosia as if to signal to her that it would be ok.

"Uh, my husband and I, we have a kid, she's 7 and amazing, but my husband, just started, like telling me he didn't want us in the house and to go do something outside or at a store. I thought it was weird at first, cause he always goes on these business trips that last a week, about once a month, so I figured he would miss us. Nope. Not even close. He's on one now, so my kid's at home with a babysitter for the night. Maria wants me to divorce him, and she's probably right. It's not like we love each other. Sometimes he gives me money for a hotel for the night when he's home." She chose her words rather carefully and spoke hesitantly.

"Gosh that's, that's, not how a marriage should be. I agree with Maria, you should probably get a divorce." I put my hand on hers in a hope to help comfort her. "We could start the process when he gets back if you want."

"Thank you, just, thank you so much."

"Hey, it's not a problem."

I realized she looks almost nervous and glanced at our hands. Her hand was still under mine and I went to move mine away, but she grabs my hand and intertwined our fingers together. Maria let go of her friend and looked at our hands. Dosia and I made eye contact and she pulled her hand away, a blush on her cheeks. I pulled my hand back, probably blushing too. Maria looked from Dosia to me repeatedly before stopping and whispering, "shit, I ship it." She probably didn't mean for either of us to hear it but we both did and looked at each other and blushed deeper. She's so beautiful.

Soon enough it was dark out and we all had a beer from the bag Dosia brought. We eventually all got to my place cause it was closest. It was Maria's idea to play truth or dare with a can of beer I had.

"Dosia Truth or dare? " I asked.

"Truth" An only slightly drunk Dosia replied.

"Do you like coconuts?" I asked. Maria and Dosia laughed.

"Yes, one of my favourite foods, actually."

"Ok, A-Aron knows the real questions here," Maria said through laughter.

A few rounds went by before a rather unusual thing happened.

"Dare," I replied to Maria.

"I dare you to buy the most expensive coconut you can find for Dosia."

I don't really remember what happened after that, but when I woke up this morning I had $683 missing from my bank account, a coconut on its way, Dosia next to me in my bed, and almost no memory of how those three things happened.

930 words
Thank you for reading! Have a good day/night/evening/morning!