Chapter 13 - The day the floods came

█►─═ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ═─◄█▓▒░

Jasper furrowed his eyebrows when he saw water droplets drop to the floor as he zipped his jacket up after putting it on. He raised his head to try and see where the water was coming from.

He almost jumped out of his skin when Violet suddenly appeared in front of him. She was the source of the water. But the thing that really caught his attention was her shivering frame.

"Violet!" Jasper sprung up from the bench. He immediately zipped the jacket down again and shrugged it off, despite constantly feeling hot-Jasper did feel a chill in this weather- the fact that he couldn't go to his house caused that he didn't actually have a lot of clothes, so Adrian gave the jacket he stole from him, back to him, and Jasper placed it around Violet's shoulders.

He touched her cheeks with the back of his hand and sighed,"You must be freezing." He rubbed her arms with his hands in an effort to warm her up.

She smiled up at him shyly. "What were you doing in the rain?" Just as he asked the question, his eyes noticed the big steel box in her hands

She held it out for Jasper to take,"I went to your house." Jasper stopped rubbing her arms and took the box.

Violet took a seat on the bench, holding the jacket around her tighter. "I didn't really know what I was doing there. I just looked around. Then I found that box under your parents' bed. I had a feeling that something in there is a missing piece."

Jasper raised his right eyebrow,"You went in hurricane like weather to try and help me?"

Violet just shrugged. Jasper looked down to the box in his hands. He gave it a little shake, it didn't feel like it had much in. Maybe a few papers, a small book or two. Yet the box felt incredibly heavy. Jasper's mind drifted to what the box contained that could possibly be important.

Was someone of his parents' past involved in some way? Or something that could've happened in the past? But how did it connect with their death?

Realising how impolite he was being, Jasper's blue eyes connected with Violet's purple ones. He gave a nod and gave the bravest smile he could manage."Thank you Vi."

She smiled at him,"You'll find your answers, I know you will." She got up announcing that she'd better go dry herself up before she gets a cold.

Jasper took a seat, he let the box rest on his lap. With a shakily hand he touched the latch, he lifted the lid getting a glimpse of a small worn brown book.

Then in a thunderous voice Adrian called every member of the Cobras. Letting the lid drop, which then sealed the box. Jasper sprung to his feet, he slid the box underneath the bench against the wall and quickly left the dressing room.

Jasper spotted everyone, including Violet who rocked the wet hair look, surrounding Adrian. He looked at all of them with the most concerned expression Jasper ever seen him make.

"The floodgates are jammed." Adrian said.

Kiara raised her eyebrows,"All of eight of them?"

Adrian nodded, his lips on a tight line,"Everyone of them."

"And,"He started,"It's up to us to fix it."

➴➴➴➴ ➴➴

"What do you see?" Jasper had to raise his voice for Violet to hear him in the pouring rain.

"I don't know! There doesn't appear to be something wrong!" Violet yelled back. She used her telekinesis to make herself float. She battled against the wind and rain to get near the flood gate.