Chapter 14 - Enigma

░▒▓█►─═ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ═─◄█▓▒░

The Python City Heroes Organisation's building soared over the city. The name glinted in golden letters against the building.

Police cars with their sirens on raced past the building as Jasper got out of the car.

He craned his neck to look up to the tall building. The building immediately stood out from the others, it was clear that a lot of money was thrown in for development. The windows have off a blue tint, restricting those from the other side to see a thing. The building must have had at least 70 floors. What was the use for all of them, Jasper didn't know.

This was the first time Jasper stood at the foot of the PHO headquarters. Never since his parents' death, has he stepped foot inside this building. And today, the entire team was called to be here.

Jasper let his head drop, a somber feeling hung heavy in the air. Unspoken words about all the lives lost in the devastating floods.

The news had broken that dozens of the homeless community had not been strong, or high enough to survive the floods. Even though Jasper and the others managed to close all the gates, it was too late.

The wind had switched to a light breeze, the rain had stopped falling but the sun hasn't shown itself yet.

Heavy packed clouds still hung lowly in the sky, a few flashes of lightning could be seen a few kilometres away.

"Why are we here again?" Jasper asked once everyone got out of the car.

Adrian shrugged, stuffing the car keys in his pockets,"My mom just said to be here. She said it in her 'don't-ask-questions' voice."

"But,"He started, picking up his pace, he stopped before the front entrance and turn back to them,"Let's find out, shall we?"

He pulled the door open, stepping aside to let the girls enter first, Jasper and Mike and finally himself.

Once inside, they found themselves in a small hall, a revolving door in front of them. Jasper looked at him in question.

Adrian shrugged, typing in the password in the small keypad next to the door. "Double security measures."

The door unlocked with a ping and the light flashed green. Adrian was the first to push his way through the revolving door, the others followed suit.

The receptionist looked up at their arrival, she put the phone on her shoulder after politely putting the person on the other line on hold,"She's waiting for you in her office." With a nod, she went back to speaking on the phone in a professional manner.

Jasper took the time to look around the spacious lobby, a lot of light came flooding through. The windows were from the floor to the ceiling. Jasper thought they better be bulletproof, otherwise the double security measures would be for nothing.

The lobby had a black and white theme, sleek black granite counters and tables.  The decorations were made of glass, featuring different kinds of things like sculptures and little knick knacks trying to fill the empty, impersonal space.

White and black pot plant holders contained different kinds of plants that wasn't the type to need a lot of sunlight.

Above the receptionist station, the organisation's name stood in all its glory.

Stark white leather chairs dotted in random places for waiting guests. The pristine white floors were spotless.

On this early Wednesday morning, it was pretty quiet. The only people here were the supers and the receptionist.