Chapter 19 - A dead body and an unknown drug

░▒▓█►─═ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ═─◄█▓▒░

Jasper walked with his hands shoved deeply into his hoodie's pockets. His eyes on the ground in front of him, to make sure he noticed where he walked. He left a cloud of dust behind him as he walked, stepping on the remains of old broken beer bottles.

He raised his head, hearing the rush of the highway pass him. It was early morning, the sun just rose, and people were already up and about rushing to get to work. The smell of car exhaust was enough to make Jasper want to cough.

After they had gone through that process of Violet's, she tested each and everyone of them. At first she quickly found flaws, then she found it more difficult to get in their heads until finally, she found it impossible.

Jasper will admit, he was pretty skeptical against the whole thing, and annoyed too. Sure, it's cool to keep someone out of your head like that, but in that moment all Jasper wanted to do, was find this person and find out what they could possibly know.

Today, Jasper had done what he thought of the previous day. But he decided to do it alone. He left early in the morning before the sunrise. He contacted a girl that worked on the tech floor of PHO, he had met her previously. With sweet smiles, charming words and the promise of going on a date with her, he got her to give him the location of Harper.

Jasper knew very well that he probably shouldn't do this alone, but he had to. He doesn't want that detective guy to tag along, what help will the police be anyway? So far they have nothing, absolutely nothing.

And Adrian, well it's better if he'd rather not tag along. He has the habit of being the rational and logical one, exactly what Jasper did not need right now.

So the location Natalia gave him led him here, to the ditch next to the highway. Jasper had to crane his neck if he wanted to look at the highway, a solid fence separated the road and the ditch. Not that Jasper thought that the fence would be able to stop a car from going in that ditch but at least it's the thought that counts and makes the drivers feel safe.

Jasper looked ahead of him, he couldn't quite understand how anyone could live here but sure enough he saw a little shack right ahead of him. But no one in sight.

Jasper slowed his pace as he got closer to the shack, he made sure to stay as silent as possible, he let out a sigh of relief when he stepped over a twig instead of on it. Now he had to think of how he's going to confront this guy, he hadn't thought that far before. But he didn't have to when he was tackled to the floor.

They wrestled around on the ground, creating a dust cloud to hang around them as they did. At the moment, Jasper's opponent had the upper hand, as he was on top of Jasper punching him. Jasper quickly moved his body to the side, letting the guy punch the hard ground instead of Jasper's face.

Jasper then felt hands on his throat, his air supply was being cut off. Jasper squirmed around on the ground like a fish out of water. He used his legs to kick out but failed when he only ended up kicking the air.

Jasper landed weak punches on the guy's side, then he saw the guy's arm, anchor tattoo.

With a new found strength, he punched the Harper. It caught him off guard, which gave Jasper the opportunity to throw Harper off him, get up, grab Harper by the collar and throw him against the concrete wall that they had been conveniently fighting next to.

Jasper put his hand on his shoulder with a firm hold, he was sure that this guy would not go anywhere. Except of course if he teleports, but Jasper touching him, would take Jasper with him if he does decide to teleport. But in the meantime, Jasper is going to put the time he has to good use.