sixteen

"there's nothing new under the moon,
spent many nights on you."

With hair still dampened from the shower she took prior to arriving, she stood in the middle of the kitchen watching the two boys chopping and frying

"Just gonna stand there?"

The husky voice dragged her out of space, blinking rapidly. Discomfort and dryness was felt in her eyes, uncomfortable with the lenses settling on her irises. "It's okay, it's usually only Chenle and I doing the actual cooking. The rest of them just complain." he chuckled, swirling around some onions in the pan.

Minseo nodded in agreement, taking in the aromatic scents emitted from the food. "I can help out if you want, no promises that I'll be any good." she offered.

Jaemin looked up in thought, then down at the stovetop next to him. "Could you start that up? I don't know where the lighter is and I should really cook this beef."

She paused in place, looking down at the different buttons. Rich people stoves, how do you work this thing?

Thoughtless, she stared at it like she was dumb, leaving Jaemin in confusion. "You just hold down this button for the gas and throw a fire on, I'm guessing the technology in Bicheon is different?" he quirked an eyebrow upwards.

With a nervous laugh, she nodded, yet didn't follow up with any actions.

He wants me to shift a fire onto this?

"Jaem, she's exhausted from practice. Neither of us have the energy to shift." a high pitch voice chimed in, politely excusing her away. "She's also a guest, we shouldn't make the guests do all the work now." a bright smile gleamed from Hyerin, starting up the stove with a lighter.

She subtly winked at Minseo who let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." she mouthed, walking over to the couch where many others were sat.

"Hey, Minseo!" another kind female voice was heard, making her ears perk upwards. The blue haired girl patted the seat next to her, which happened to be beside Renjun.

"It's pretty cool that you could make it, I'm glad you brought Minjun along." he grinned, providing her with some sense of comfort. On the television was the news, for some reason.

I guess it's common when all your parents are politicians, she thought to herself.

"Do you work at a hospital?" she asked, seeing as he was dressed fully in navy blue scrubs. He nodded in response, giving her a thumbs up.

"I wouldn't necessarily call it work, it's more of a volunteer thing with my friend Miyeon." he briefly explained.

"Miyeon is Mark's girlfriend, I think you remember him from the pharmacy." Seorin added. Minseo pursed her lips together, trying to remember the distinct name.