thirty nine

"at this point you're pretty much
out of my mind
but when i close my eyes
i think about you every time."

Contradictory

Contradictory.

As the moon was reaching half of it's brightness, the tranquil breeze brushed against the fabric of her clothes, not daring to expose any of the bruises he had forcefully laid on her flesh.

The railing was cold even through her sweatshirt, but there was a fire raging inside of her, a tsunami crashing simultaneously. The emotions were rioting, trying to pry out of her skin- though she couldn't feel so out of touch, yet in touch at the same time.

Minseo was a walking oxymoron at this point.

No tears rose up to her eyes anymore, nor did the urge to yell about all of her pent up stress. She was like a shaken up soda bottle waiting to explode, but the lid was just carefully opened enough before it could do so.

Jisung's words from the afternoon lingered like a bittersweet taste from a food she didn't like, nor dislike. It settled in her chest, bearing too heavy of a weight for her to handle.

Mindlessly, she rose her hand up and out to the water, curiously flickering her eyes between the two. The Moon River of Han, a body full of wonders.

What do you hold? Answers?

The blue of it was mesmerizing, almost glowing underneath the luminescent moonlight. Even with the contrasting feelings pulling her back and forth like a game of tug of war, staring into it was like a breath of fresh air.

Tender waves, rising to the surface to create oddly beautiful faults in the smoothness. Harmonies of them fizzling out, hitting the gravel that was beneath the elevated surface she was on.

Somehow, it felt like home. Welcoming her with the salty scent that wasn't bothersome at all. After all, she always preferred swimming than staying in the sand.

Though, why did she only feel half fulfilled staring into it?

"Watch out, you might fall in."

A considerably pleasant surprise was heard from behind her, recognizing the rumble of that engine from anywhere, soft yet raging- much like her at the moment. The more enjoyable sound was that honey voice, one she didn't remember hearing in days.

Processing his words, she stepped down from over the railing, not realizing how close she was to going overboard.

"What brings you here?" she didn't turn around. Perhaps it was shame from being unresponsive and leaving his texts unopened the entire week, or maybe it was the nerves that were about to explode.

His heat moved closer to her, the sound of his arms hitting the railing about a foot away. He kept his distance with consideration. "You know I'm always at the river." he raised an eyebrow.