F I F T E E N

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

After the week she's had, Arabella is very glad to be snuggled up under her blankets, the fan on full blast as she reads through some old witch books. The house is empty, Stefan and his new pals are far away, and everything is calm in Mystic Falls.

Or maybe not. She doesn't really care all too much.

Her ringtone goes off, Caroline's name flashing on her screen. Sighing, Arabella sets down her book and picks up the phone.

"Caroline, I already told you, senior pranks aren't really my thing."

"Hello, love," Arabella stiffens at the British accent, slowly sitting up in her bed.

"Klaus," She swallows, hoping he can't hear the pounding of her heart through her phone. "What do you want?"

"A bit of magic," He replies. "I'm at the high school, with the doppelganger and her little friends. See, all summer, my hybrids have been dying after transition."

"You're trying to make more of you? God, kill me now."

"That can be arranged, but only after you help me figure out why," Klaus explains. "I have the Bennett witch here, but perhaps we could use some of that good old Sorceress magic to figure it out. Now I advise you get here quickly, or I will start killing off your little gang one by one."

"I'm not helping you," Arabella spits. "They're not my friends. Kill them. What do I care?"

"And I thought I was harsh," Klaus laughs. "I have Stefan here, as well. Now, though I value having your brother under my control, I will kill him if it comes to that," In a darker, threatening voice, he adds. "Get here, or he dies."

Klaus hangs up the phone, allowing Arabella to let out a string of colorful curses as she jumps out of bed. Of course. This is Mystic Falls. The town where a night of peace is as rare as flying pigs.

She almost runs over a few stop signs on her drive to the school, but eventually, Arabella gets there and runs inside a hallway, where she hears Bonnie's voice coming from.

"Arabella?" Matt, who was soaking wet and speaking to Bonnie, looks over his friends shoulder as he sees her running towards them. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Matt," Arabella gives him a grim smile. Bonnie looks between the two.

"Since when are you two friends?"

"We're not, we just slept together," Arabella waves her off.

"You what?"

"Look, that's not important," The vampire-witch shakes her head. "I got a call from our favorite Original saying everyone here is dead if I didn't figure out how to fix his hybrid situation. Please tell you have a solution."

"We have an answer. Matt died and came back to life, but he got a message from the Original Witch," It's just then Arabella realizes there are tears in Bonnie's eyes. "It's because Elena's still alive."

"Well I could've told you that," Arabella scoffs. "So we keep Elena alive, and let whatever werewolf Klaus has die."

"The werewolf is Tyler, we can't just let him die," Matt argues back. Arabella raises a brow.

"Who's Tyl- Oh, the Lockwood werewolf who almost killed my brother? Yeah, who cares?"

"We care," Matt snaps, stepping forward. "He's our friend! I know that concept is hard for your kind to understand--"