T W E N T Y - F I V E

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The stove light creates a dim glow throughout the kitchen as Arabella sits at the island, cross legged and chewing on her pen. A worn journal sits in front of her, only the date written down.

She continues to stare at it, sighing. The last entry dates back almost a year ago, the week the twins died. Truthfully, journaling has never really been her strong point. Stefan got her to take it up back in the 1800's, claiming that it helps with keeping track of everything as a vampire. However, writing down all her thoughts and feelings always felt awkward, so Arabella refrains from doing it too often. Only when she seems to be in a dilemma.

And now, she is in a dilemma. A rather big one, she thinks. It's been a few days since being trapped in the Gilbert Lake House, and since then, Arabella can only think about one thing.

Klaus.

She's tried to get him out of her head. Truly. Focusing her mind on other things, such as spells, and even Stefan's problems, which have gotten especially boring. Something about a cure and a Hunter's curse that she couldn't possibly care about. Arabella's fine with being a vampire, and has no interest in taking any sort of cure.

However, the real problem lies within Klaus. He tried to kill her. So why does she continue getting butterflies just thinking about him? It makes Arabella feel like a teenager all over again, and she hates it.

"I swear, it's like Damon drinks for an army," Stefan grumbles under his breath as he walks into the kitchen. "Can he keep his grubby little paws off of anything?" Arabella raises a brow up at her brother, shutting the journal in front of her. She notices the ways Stefan's shoulder's droop, and the sadness and anger in his eyes.

"What's up with you?" She leans her chin on her hand. Stefan is silent for a moment, his back turned.

"Elena and I broke up," He says quietly. Arabella's mouth forms into an O, realization hitting.

"I'm sorry," She tells him simply. "Was it because of--"

"Damon?" Stefan turns around, scowling. "Not the only reason, but yes. In a way."

"You okay?" Arabella tilts her head slightly. "Because I don't want to say I told you so, but I did kinda--"

"You have the absolute worst timing," Stefan rolls his eyes, finding a half empty bottle of vodka and settling with it. "I always had a feeling Elena would come between Damon and I. But I didn't care."

"That's feelings for you, Stef," Arabella sighs, holding her hand out for the bottle. "They make your heart feel so heavy it hurts. And then they fix it so well you forget all about the heartbreak," She takes a swig, offering a gentle smile. "Break-ups hurt like a bitch. I don't have a lot of experience, but I can imagine they hurt more when the girl has been secretly in love with your older brother."

"You're really not helping."

 "Truth hurts," Arabella shrugs with a small laugh. "My point is, you'll get through it. You'll look at Elena again without feeling pain, and you'll be able to be around Damon again without feeling betrayed. You'll be okay."

"Missed our therapy seshes," Stefan says sarcastically with a soft smile. Arabella rolls her eyes.

"Whatever," She hands the bottle back. "You going to the Miss Mystic Falls thing?"

"And watch Damon and Elena flirt all day?" Stefan scoffs. "Not a chance. You?"

"Get me started on the misogynistic backstories of pageants and we're going to be here a while," Arabella rolls her eyes. "No way. I'm going to spend my day drinking at the Grill," Stefan chuckles, standing up and shaking his head.