Chapter LVII

Weeping Angels are difficult to kill because of their defence mechanism and because they are immune to all sorts of weapons like sledgehammers.

Josh used a sledgehammer to destroy Malvada when she attacked Penny, but it didn't work, and whenever I tried to break Malvada into pieces, she was put back together a few hours later.

Henry says there are two ways to kill Weeping Angels.

They're capable of starving to death if they're left without energy for too long. When they starve, they can be vulnerable to weapons such as grenades, but this wasn't possible with the limited amount of time we had.

The other way is to force two angels to look directly at each other, resulting in an endless staring contest where none of them would be able to blink and quantum-lock each other in that way.

We didn't want to deal with Malvada 2.0, so holding up a mirror against Malvada would still work since she would be completely powerless if she stares at herself. This would give us the advantage to completely destroy her with any weapon and discard her pieces separately.

"I almost forgot to tell you," Henry adds. "Your mother spoke with me on the weekend and recently, just two days ago. I told her everything you two know since she insisted."

A sudden sense of coldness takes over my body.

"What?" Mason voices my thoughts in a flat, emotionless tone.

That's what Malvada was warning me about through Clarice; she knew about mom's actions and who she was meeting. When mom found out the truth about Malvada, she tricked us, convincing us that Clarice died because mom didn't listen to the first warning, but Clarice was already dead.

Malvada had been warning us the day Clarice went out to research and found out everything, but none of us listened. She's been keeping Clarice "alive" as a way to teach my family to not mess with her.

She's definitely going to do the same to mom because she's on Clarice's path, and I know mom won't stop anytime soon. She's stubborn and hell-bent on knowing everything.

"I'm sure your mother was trying to protect you," Henry assures me as if he could smell the worry and fear radiating from my body.

Protecting me cost my sister's life, and now possibly my mom's too.

I shudder at the thought. We need to destroy Malvada right away.

I swivelled my head to look at Mason, and his lips set into a straight line as if he knew where my train of thought went. I mouth, "video" to him, and he nods in understanding.

"Pa, we actually have recorded footage of Malvada," He says as I scroll through my phone, searching for the video. "Don't know if that's going to do anything other than keep her powers at bay."

The blood drains from Henry's face as he takes the phone in his hands and watches the video with a grim expression, his brows furrowed. I obnoxiously tap my foot on the ground and my fingers on the desk, growing impatient. Mason was looking at Henry, then at my phone, and then at me as if he was trying to figure out what we were thinking.

Henry suddenly slams my phone hard on his desk and roughly stands up, his clenched hands and look of terror on his face making the thumping against my chest erratic.

"Delete this. Now," He whispers dangerously.

Mason and I slowly stand up, clearly confused. Doesn't Henry know that capturing a Weeping Angel through a picture or video can also capture their energy and power?

"Pa, what's wrong?"

"Do you guys even know the shit a single video can do?! Do you guys even understand the extent she could go to just to hurt you?!" Henry practically shouts. What was he talking about?