Chapter 16: The Matchmaking Packet

Fitz's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling of my room, deep in thought. I was about to start thinking about my future when Sophie rolled over to face me.  

"G' morning," She said drowsily, still half asleep.

"Good morning Sophie," I replied back. "We have to wake up. I can already hear our friends downstairs."

"No, I wanna stay here," Sophie responded stubbornly. Then she closed her eyes and fell back asleep. I sighed, losing hope of getting Sophie downstairs in the next minute. And then I got an idea. I smiled as I lifted Sophie out of bed and put her on my back. It had worked pretty fast last time, so why not this time? 

"Whaa? Fitz put me back in bed," Sophie mumbled, clearly not understanding that I was about to bring her downstairs. A/N For anyone wondering about Sophie's pajama problem, don't worry, she got cold and Fitz gave her one of his t-shirts and some shorts Biana left in his room from a previous sleepover. If you actually caught this detail, props to you! lol

"Nope! We're going straight downstairs!"

"What? Noooo! I want to sleep!" Sophie protested.

"You'll thank me later when all the food is still there!"

"Food? Okay fine, take me downstairs." I smiled at Sophie's love for food and ran downstairs, being careful not to drop Sophie. Once we reached the dining room, I moved her from my back to my front and placed her down on her seat. Everyone was staring at us like they were thinking, aww aren't they so cute? I didn't mind since Sophie was very cute, but Sophie turned the color of a tomato. 

"Now that our two lovebirds are here, let's eat!" Keefe announced. I started eating at Keefe's "approval", but not before I rolled my eyes at him and his comment.

Time skip to after breakfast

After a delicious breakfast, we were about to leave the table when my mom stopped us.

"Wait! I have to give you guys something." Everyone, including me, looked at her curiously. Then she proceeded to place a HUGE packet of papers in front of each of us. I looked at it, wondering what it could be. 

"What's this?" Tam asked. Sophie sighed. "It's our Matchmaking Packet."

Really? I flipped the pages and sure enough, it was filled with Matchmaking Questions. 

"You teens need to complete it before our meeting in the afternoon. It's at 3:00 pm, so you better get started!" My mom told us.

"It's not going to take us 5 hours," Sophie assumed. 

"No, it normally takes about 6," Biana explained. Sophie's face paled. "6. HOURS?"

"Yeah, the questions are very specific and you have to fill them out accurately," I told her. Sophie sighed again, this time much louder. 

"Okay, well we better get started!" Biana squealed. She ran into the living room, and in 1 minute, managed to fill it with pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals. 

"Eeeeeeeeeek!" Linh squealed, having seen the stuffed animals. She ran over and tried to hug them all at once. Her twin, Tam, seemed much less excited and grabbed a spot with no stuffed animals. My sister found a sparkly unicorn stuffed animal and took the spot next to Tam. He put his arm around her and I was about to say something when I realized how comfortable and safe Biana looked. Oh well. Can't protect her forever. I sighed but saw that Keefe and Marella had chosen a spot with lots of pillows and had started building a pillow fort that kept falling on Keefe. I smiled at that and sat down next to Sophie.