Chapter 30: Linh And Dex's Date

Linh's P.O.V.

Dex pulled out a crystal and I wondered where we would be going. The possibilities were endless! But I definitely knew that Dex would manage to amaze me once again. Interrupting my thoughts, Dex reached his hand out to me. I blushed when I took it even though we had done this a million times when light leaping with our friends. But it was different this time. This time, we were going on a date, with just the two of us...

When we reappeared, my eyes were wide open, as I looked around. There was a big bedsheet on the floor with so much food and two pillows as seats. There was even a binocular, telescope, and some piece of machinery! But the thing that amazed me the most was the night sky. It twinkled with my every step, shining beautifully as I made my way to the picnic. 

"It's amazing Dex!" Dex's cheeks washed over with some pink as I asked another question. "Where is this place?"

"We're at Moonglade," Dex answered. "I love coming here to stargaze and think. It's a really special place for me so I wanted to show you."

"Thank you for showing me. The view is absolutely wonderful!" Dex smiled, a feeling of accomplishment, pride, and a little bit of relief on his face. I smiled back then turned my attention to the food. It looked really good, especially since I hadn't eaten anything besides candy in the last 24 hours. I took some of the food and ate it while talking with Dex. Talking with Dex was probably my favorite thing to do. He was so nice and sweet and always knew what to say. I was so lucky to have him. 

When we were finished with dinner, Dex cleared everything off the sheet and walked to the machine. He pressed a bunch of different buttons and with the last click, a square in the sheet appeared, then it lifted up so it was like a little house with 4 walls and no roof. I gasped loudly, surprised by the sudden change. 

"How did you do that? It was so cool!" 

"It was just a simple technopath thing I figured out when I was setting this up," Dex casually replied. I loved how he was always so modest, even when he had done something pretty impressive. 

"Can I go in?" I asked excitedly. Dex nodded back and I went in. I sat down on the soft, grassy ground and looked up at the sky. Dex came in a few seconds after I then took a seat right next to me. I turned to look into his periwinkle eyes. 

"Dex, thank you for setting all of this up. You didn't have to do it but I really appreciate that you did." 

"Of course! I really wanted to create a fantastic date for you. I would do anything for you Linh." I smiled my gratitude and Dex replied with his dimpled smile. Then we both leaned in at the same time and our lips met. It was short and sweet and left me smiling even bigger. I looked into Dex's eyes for a few more seconds before lying down. Dex laid down with me and I rolled over, giggling, so Dex's arm was around me. We stayed there, gazing into the night sky and pointing out the different constellations. I wanted to stay in that moment forever, just me, Dex, and the sparkling night sky. 

A/N I know that chapter was super short, but it's kinda how I imagined their date would be like. Short, simple, and super sweet! I am really looking forward to writing Keefe and Marella's date so make sure to keep an eye out for that tomorrow! Thank you for reading and leave a comment or vote if you want to! Bye!