Chapter 20: Never Have I Ever

Fitz's P.O.V.

When Sophie and Keefe rushed out of the restaurant, I made sure that no one was recording, quickly paid, then ran out of there with my friends close behind me. We finally reached the parking lot and I saw Sophie and Keefe walking back, both looking surprisingly calm. Huh, they must've figured that out pretty quickly I thought.

"Sophie!" I yelled through the parking lot, waving my hands so she would know we were here. 

"Hey!" She yelled in return. She ran over to us and started asking us lots of questions.

"Did no one see that?" She asked hopefully.

"Sorry, but no. Basically, everyone saw it," Dex answered.

"Anyone record that?"

"Nope, I checked!" I answered. Sophie let out a sigh of relief.

"Did you guys pay?" 

"Yup! Fitz took care of that," Biana explained. 

"Okay then, nothing to worry about!" Sophie announced happily. "Let's go buy that cat!" 

"YAY! WE'RE BUYING A CAT! THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!" Linh squealed. Tam rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Let's just get this over with," Tam grumbled. And with that, Linh took off, running off to nowhere. Sophie ran ahead to catch up with her.

"Linh, stop!" Sophie exclaimed.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well, first of all, you have to know where the pet store is."

"Oh, right." She responded, looking red. But her embarrassment quickly turned into determination. "Where do we go?" Sophie looked around at that question and spotted what she needed to see. 

"There!" She said, pointing at a store that said Pets for All. 

 "Yes! Let's go!" And Linh quickly took off once again. It was far away, but Linh had us running the entire time. 

"I *pant* can't *pant* keep *pant* up *pant* with *pant* this." Marella choked out between pants. "Carry me Keefe!" She said jokingly and burst out into laughter. Having someone on his back, while running, was surely going to mess up his hair even more. I joined in the laughter, thinking about Keefe complaining about how his hair was ruined. 

"Fine," Keefe mumbled.

"What was that Keefe?" Sophie asked.

"I said, yes I will carry you Marella," He repeated.

"Wait, really?" She asked, clearly as confused as I was.

"Yes." And with that confirmation, Marella smiled and jumped on his back. 

"While I'm up here, I might as well mess up you hair!" Marella exclaimed. 

"Yes, you might as well," Keefe agreed with a forced smile. Marella hugged him from his back. 

"I would never do that! I like you hair!" She admitted with a giggle. I looked over at everyone and they seemed to be laughing at this funny situation. Well, everyone except Tam. He seemed deep in thought. And a few seconds later, I figured out why.

"So Keefe, do I have better hair than you?" Tam asked with a curious look on his face.

"Ye..." He mumbled.

"What was that?" Tam asked.

"Yes! You have better hair than me." Keefe said with clear frustration.