29: Peace

Previously...

"I was very different from everyone." Han Ri answered calmly. "My brothers and sisters are bloodthirsty warmongers hellbent on destroying anyone who betrays The Horn. They all think what they're doing is right, they are sure that they're saving the world when in truth, they're simply making the humans hate us even more." she smiled bitterly. "My appa, he always believes that The Horn is an example of righteousness, an ideology that people would soon look up to. He said, he wants to make a better world for me and my siblings, a world where we can be free and not be treated as monsters."

".....so you're against him, right?"

"For sure, yes, but I understand that he wants nothing more but to be able to live happily with us, his children. Ever since eomma....died.....appa started to believe even more in his goal, to make the Mediums and other kinds able to coexist with humans, let it be by consent, or even by force." Han Ri explained, hugging her knees as she continued looking at the stars above her. Looking at them calmed her down, at least, in this life of terror and chaos, the stars were always there to be her guidance.

"It is indeed true what they say. No matter what, a parent's love is always the strongest force in the world." Momo grinned, joining Han Ri to gaze at the night sky, the purplish and bluish tints illuminating the background whereas the stars danced freely as they pleased. "I just hope my sisters will soon put aside their thirst for revenge and learn how to move on." she sighed, parting her lips slightly.

"Can you tell me more about your sisters?"

"Of course." Momo smiled. "Ji Won, the youngest of us, she's a crackhead and a troublemaker. She surely enjoys being a pain in the ass. Literally, and I mean it, literally every mess in the kingdom always has something to do with her." she chuckled, causing Han Ri to giggle. "But sometimes, you know she's just the sweetest ever. She loves everyone so much, and she's like a little kid who just needs the equal amount of love she gives to others." the girl explained. Han Ri nodded for a while, until she remembered another name. Mi Na.

"And....Mi Na?" she glanced at Momo, who seemed quiet at first before she spoke again.

"She's one of a kind. She's the one to always look cold and quiet among us, she rarely shows affection, but once she does, you'll wish you get to see her smile again. She has the softest voice, and despite her inner bloodthirsty behaviour, deep inside, she's a very caring sweetheart who needs a little guidance."

"Then...Han Sou's a lucky guy." Han Ri smiled, a genuine but also one which was pained, the sight hurt Momo. She could feel how painful it must have been for the girl. Han Ri sighed, leaning against the rock as well as she looked at Momo in the eyes, tears about to fall anytime. "I....I just wish that whoever ends up with her better have a perfect life because they should know how wonderful she is." she voiced softly, her tone and voice laced with sincerity. Momo smiled at her and moved towards the young girl, handing her a blanket.

"If we fall in love with each other, I think we would make a great pair, don't ya think?" she chuckled, causing Han Ri to widen her eyes at the unexpected remark. Momo laughed while cupping her mouth, her eyes closed. "Kidding! Don't take it seriously." she winked, stretching her arms before she lay on the ground. "Get some sleep, Han Ri. You need to rest well. Good night."

"....good night.." Han Ri gulped nervously. Once Momo had fallen into deep sleep, Han Ri moved closer towards the girl, observing her facial features. Her pointy nose, her soft-looking lips, and her angelic eyes. She smiled and caressed her hair lightly. "You know what, I guess you're right, we would make a great pair." she chuckled.