39: The Eagle And The Falcon

Previously...

"You won't take another step further. My army will come, a-and you will be sent to justice for this!" the king stuttered and pointed shakily towards Mi Na who could only stare at him in boredom and with an unfazed body language. "You'll pay for this monstrosity, you vile demon!"

"Talk as much as you want," Mi Na hummed amusingly, "besides, my Black Knights are slaughtering your helpless little soldiers one by one, blood by blood. Your royal status won't be enough to save your precious kingdom from The Horn, everyone knows that well." Looking at the lady in full rage, the king roared at her angrily and took out his sword, running to give Mi Na a little fight. However, the Scarlet Hawk scoffed at him and suddenly grabbed him by the neck, strangling him harshly almost draining his breath as the king thrashed his body around. "Why don't we have a little flying session?" Mi Na smirked and moved back as she jumped on air and turned into an animal, in a form of a red-coloured hawk. The hawk then screeched at the king and grabbed his shoulders with her talons, bringing him up as they both crashed through the roof.

The Black Knights caught a glimpse of the hawk carrying the king on air, immediately recognizing that it was their leader the Scarlet Hawk.

"What goes up must come down!" Mi Na chuckled lowly at the king and dropped him down before turning back to her human form, diving towards the king as she stabbed his chest with her sword, watching as the light left the man's eyes. They then landed harshly on the room's floor, the king resting his head on the stair before dying. Mi Na stood back up and pulled her sword harshly, eyeing the king's dead body while panting a little. "Didn't know I can turn into a hawk." she joked.

The Black Knights had finally finished off the entire cavalry of the kingdom of Hakje, every single one of the soldiers were all put to rest on the ground bloodily, their blood spreading everywhere, painting the kingdom with red. The citizens were all piled up in one place on the ground, being held hostage both children and adults, no matter what gender, no matter what age. The Black Knights and Kareum were surrounding them all like vultures circling a prey.

Mi Na then arrived back at the place and threw something to the ground that shocked the citizens with its sight. The head of the king she had decapitated, eyes white and mouth bleeding. The citizens raised their eyebrows and cowered in fear, hugging one another to protect themselves.

"Well done, Mae, well done." Kareum clapped her hands and patted the Scarlet Hawk's shoulder. "My father would be proud of you. Now exterminate the citizens, all of them." she breathed out lazily.

"What?" Mi Na turned her head sharply to face Kareum in surprise, certain that she did not hear it wrong.

"You heard me. My father's order was clear, leave no survivors. Simple." Kareum hummed while cleaning the dust off her armor and her spear.

"But there are children and wome-"

"That doesn't make any difference." the daughter of Mal Gu stated firmly. "They will all teach their children to avenge the kingdom anyway, so it is best to leave no trace nor survivors. When you walk on land, make sure to leave no footprints since enemies will be sure to follow you." she explained. "So are you going to do it or not? Or should I do-"

"No," Mi Na took a deep breath in, gripping onto her sword firmly, "I'll give the order." she sighed. The Black Knights turned to look at her both in disbelief while also waiting for her order. They knew that despite this being wrong to them, they knew this was for the better, they knew that doing so would end all their sufferings. Mi Na looked at her fellow allies and nodded sharply. "Kill them all."