40: In The Snow

Previously...

"C'mon, I'll teach you how to dance." the older girl winked confidently. Blinking rapidly from her offer, Ji Won took a small gulp and composed herself from freaking out before she stood up as well, reaching out to hold Jeong Yeon's right hand. It felt so warm and so soft she could touch it all day long, but she didn't want to be weird though.

Jeong Yeon then smiled and held Ji Won's other hand, her right hand, and put it on her left shoulder, the two girls now really sharing a very close distance it could be regarded as an intimate one. They could literally feel each other's breaths, and it was both suffocating them and also sending them to paradise. Jeong Yeon took a deep breath and held Ji Won's left hand a little firmer.

"I'm not really good at explaining, so sorry if I end up ruining this." Jeong Yeon chuckled, but Ji Won nodded with full seriousness in her face, as if she was fully compelled in this. She continued speaking. "Now, you imagine a melody going on in the background to further help you move your body along." she instructed.

Jeong Yeon proceeded to move her left leg beside Ji Won's right one, and the younger girl instinctually moved her left leg as well towards the older girl's right one. They were basically circling each other like a sphere, or a loop.

"Let the music guide your body around, you don't have to focus too much on where you should go, you only need to focus on where the music wants to lead you." Jeong Yeon whispered and moved her body around along with Ji Won, the younger girl's hand hanging on her shoulder still as they paid attention not to their footsteps, but to their faces, their eyes filled with burning passion. "Imagine that you are a flexible rubber being stretched." she stated, but then widened her eyes upon noticing Ji Won's confused stare. "Okay, forget I said that. Just imagine that you are a free bird opening her wings wide, free to move her body as much as she wants." The two of them were swaying their bodies freely, stepping delicately on the stones they were walking on. They let the wind blow them chillingly and indeed imagined the music flowing and guiding them.

"Seems like I'm getting the hang of it." Ji Won chuckled happily and moved her body around a bit faster, holding Jeong Yeon's hand firmer to feel the older girl's warmth more, she wanted to feel the lovely tenderness of her soft relaxing palm even more. It soothed her.

"See, you're getting it now." Jeong Yeon bobbed her head and they swapped hands, continuing to move the opposite direction now near the lake as the fish seemed to hop in and out continuously as if they were dancing merrily as well, the stars growing brighter second by second. After a while, they stopped moving, panting a little from the exhaustion as their gazes fixed at each other. Jeong Yeon was blushing hard now as their faces were just centimetres close to each other, and it didn't mean Ji Won's face wasn't as well. In fact, her face was just as red as Jeong Yeon's.

Slowly and slowly, Ji Won braced herself and moved her face closer, her eyes closing as Jeong Yeon knew what was about to happen. The older girl closed her eyes too, anticipating the certain action that would forever change her life. However, she felt nothing, only breathings, and saw that Ji Won had pulled away, their lips not touching at all. The younger girl was hiding her reddened face away, too embarrassed to look at the older one.

"L-let's get back now." Ji Won cleared her throat shyly and immediately walked first, leaving the older girl behind. Jeong Yeon sighed in slight disappointment, but then she chuckled from the girl's shyness. It's cute, she loved it, perhaps....she loved her. She didn't know if what was supposed to be the kiss really indicated if she had feelings for her, but she would soon find out. Jeong Yeon then smiled warmly and followed the younger girl as well.