Kape?

I published two blabs in the past days and out of impulse, I re-read the past blabs. But mostly the comments.

It's a delight, to be very honest, how some of you freely told me about a struggle or a thought.

Goodness gracious, did you know I absolutely like thoughts?

Because I fudging do.

I love seeing thought processes. How one thought jumps to another, how each idea triggers another and another and another. I think it's beautiful. And gold.

Siguro dahil na rin sinanay ako nung utol kong sumagot sa bawat topic na binubuksan niya, nasanay akong mag-dala ng ilang topic nang sabay-sabay sa isang usapan. Watashigairuyo can probably attest. We talked about two or three things at the same time in the comment section and re-reading the exchange makes me smile to this day. (Shout out to that kyotie, here's to more talks over coffee, buddy. ☕ )

This is probably the reason why I like blabbing more, rather than actually writing a story. ces, nica, joey, zane and all other unfinished drafts can attest to this. Jwyn, too.

Here, despite being a bit vulnerable as I am giving you all something I treasure (my thoughts), the act prompts some of the readers to share their own thoughts, giving way for a discussion or just an exchange of thoughts that somehow prompts me blab more.

Like this.

Some comments from my other works are all about shipping one character to another and although I like that, because I ship them too (violently, if I may add), there are no reflections. Also nothing for me to think about and, maybe, write about.

Don't get me wrong, I like people screaming in the comments because it makes me smile like, "wow, the feels connected to him/her." However, why did you scream? Or cry? Or laugh? Any reason? Relatable, why?

I crave the thought behind.

Nito nakaraan, nagkaroon ng issue tungkol sa pagsusulat. I dunno what started it or what each side fought for, I just know it's about writing and reading and literature.

I write because I can. I write because I want to. I write because I need to. I write because I don't know what to do other than write.

The same way goes for reading. I read what I can. I read because I want to. I read because I need to. I read because I don't know what to do other than read.

Maybe, watch movies, series and variety shows but that's that.

The reason why readers and writers are in this app is because this app provides us something we can't readily afford--a place to write and read.

Most people couldn't afford books they can touch, smell and hug. Now, what do we do when we can't afford something we want? We settle on something we can afford.

I mean, I can't afford to buy John Green, Dan Brown, J.K. Rowling, Nicholas Sparks, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Arthur Conan Doyle, Jane Austen, Bob Ong. So, I settled to the next best thing--Miss Jhing, Ate Jen, Ate Rayne, Cris Ibarra, April Avery, Ann Lee, Hal.

This is affordable.

Does that mean this platform is lesser than the other? In a way, yes.

Yes, because stories here aren't edited. With grammatical errors decorating every corner and technical errors as the backbone, topped with ignorance and refusal of some writers to do their research.

By some stories, I mean my works. And by some writers, I mean me.

I know, love.

However, at some point, I'm pretty sure, your writer will strive to be better. Your writer will want to clean their mess. Your writer will want to tell their stories to the best of their abilities. I'm pretty sure your writer will learn.

By your writer, I don't mean me. I mean the writer you support (maybe from the start so you've seen the dark/jeje days).

All aforementioned writers here in wattpad grew up from their initial writer self and continuously learn to hone their craft.

I truly believe wattpad opens up numerous kinds of opportunities for everyone. From movie adaptations to books to thoughtful discussions.

It shouldn't be discredited just because we're all amateurs here.

It is a starting point, and just like that famous quotation, “the hardest step to take is the first one,” don't discredit someone's courage to read/write. You have no idea how they pull that off.

See, this is another part of the issue. People thought there's nothing to pick from love stories, from chick flicks, from teen stories, but if you look at them closely, if you happen to stumble upon a story with a well-crafted backstory, you'll see how it reflects a part of the society.

You'll see how it mirrors something.

In short, if you really want to, there's always something to learn at every story. Whatever genre.

Entertainment and escape may be the primary reason why anyone would pick a story/book and read, but in the process of reading, I truly hope something similar to, “ah, I get that. S/he's that way because of this and s/he's really stupid but fudge, I hope s/he will do something.”

Writers, after all, write for a reason.

Just like how I wrote this blab to thank the people who shared something here, but then I got distracted. Sort of.

Also, napansin ko rin na madalas ko alukin ng kape yung nga nakakausap dito. Hahahaha. Is that because I was drinking coffee that time or is it because I really enjoyed talking and I hope to talk more over coffee or is it because coffee symbolizes something more?

I dunno, but... kape?