Euphoria. Eureka. You.

“Ba‘t ka nagsusulat?”

Tanong yan na hindi ko malilimutan. Parang napaka-mundane pero mabigat.

No‘ng nakapag-ipon na ako ng courage at sipag na mag-reply, ang sabi ko sa kanya: “Kasi po para ‘yong paghinga. I inhale thru reading, tapos kasama ng mga sariling realization, I exhale thru writing.

Mula no‘n, everytime na may magtatanong, ‘yan ang sagot ko. Kahit minsan, mukhang nagtanong lang sila para maki-chismis... pero isn‘t it really a lot like breathing?

Hmm?

This blab actually happened because of some reactions or comments that really made my day.

You see, according to Humanities, writers don't just write. There is something in their hearts that they want humanity to understand.

It's true.

I have this habit of leaving scattered clues, bits and pieces of information about future stories, odd personality, certain massages, blah blah blah, all wrapped up in paragraphs and not-so-nicely presented in stories. So, imagine my delight whenever someone figures it out? Or sometimes even better than that? It‘s euphoric. Exhilarating. Addictive.

It's the rush of knowing you connected to someone in a level that only you and that person knows.

It is inhaling thru reading, and exhaling thru writing.

Tapos nitong nakaraan, pagbukas ko ng twitter, nakabasa ako ng isang tweet (screenshot sa fb) about a guy's confession of how a famous wattpad writer that I, too, adores changed his life.

It was so. . . kyot. Most people who saw that probably felt the same.

No‘ng moment na ‘yon, bigla kong naramdaman yung bigat ng responsibility o power ng isang writer. It may sound exaggerated but I know some of you has that one or more writer who changed your perspective. It's like they paved their way into your soul, making sure you'll never forget about them. Or their stories. Or their words.

The confessing guy said something along the lines of “stop making me fall for you.”

That's probably one of the purest admiration I've encountered. Yung nagustuhan mo ang isang tao hindi dahil sa itsura o katayuan niya kundi dahil sa kung pano gumana ang utak niya? Kung paano niya tignan ang mundo? Wow.

How rare and wonderful is it that someone likes or admires you for how you think? (Alex, someone actually said she likes how you think. Shocker, I know) For all the thoughts that kept you wide awake at night, buried underneath those stories?

“I fancy the way you think.”

The best compliment I have ever heard.

To be honest, one thing I hate about writing is it exposes you. The you that even the closest people around you doesn't know. It leaves you vulnerable. It shows people the you underneath the shadows of our society.

But at the same time, it's also the most powerful thing I've ever experienced in writing because that is how you, the writer, connects to other souls out there. It's how you made other people feel they're not alone. You let them in to a journey, ride with them in an adventure or just let them see the silver lining in a simple everyday life that makes them like their simple everyday life. But either way, you are with them.

Connected. Understood. Admired. Empowered.

Funny how something that made you feel weak, also strengthens your will to live.

(And as I type all of these, I can hear my utol asking, “isn‘t that how love works?”)

And maybe, that‘s why I write.