Chapter 5

I woke up in the morning to see that there was an owl perched upon the window to my dorm. I looked over at Gracie and she was drooling all over her pillow, I couldn't help but laugh a bit. I got up and opened my window, the owl immediately sat on my shoulder and I froze. First of all, what is going on. Second, it's claws were piercing my skin, ow. Then I looked and saw it had a rolled up letter tied to its leg. I took it off carefully and the owl went back to the window and seemed to be waiting for me to read it. I opened it up and it read, 

Dear Little Witch,
    I'm writing this letter to apologize and thank you. Or at least try my best at it, because I kind of feel bad. Though I really have no reason to..like I said it wasn't my choice to have you hexed. But what you yelled to me before storming out of the bathroom has stuck with me since. "Cockroach" that hurt. Why do people call me that, you're the second person already. Alright I'll stop rambling I just don't know how to word this. I want to thank you for stopping Harry, it was very fun to watch...and also for being there for me I guess. Even though I decided to tell you something weighing on my mind like you suggested and you exploded with anger...maybe you are the one with the defense mechanic or whatever you called it. Oh also sorry for almost hexing you. It was before I saw you take Harry's wand from him...you can be kind of okay sometimes, I realized that yesterday.
       The one and only Pureblood,
                  Draco Malfoy or Little Coackroach

I realized that was the best apology I would get. But I didn't feel like forgiving him. He was going to hex me, I don't even know if that poor girl is alright. I should probably check on her. But then again like he said, he was forced, and nobody forces Draco to do anything so he must be telling the truth. And like he sort of implied, he really hadn't known me very much. I have no idea what to do. But Draco attempting to apologize and thank me was kind of sweet. Ew did I just think that. Stop it Elizabeth. I gagged a little too loud. 

"Are you okay?" Gracie sat up rubbing her eyes and yawning. 

I stuffed the letter into my long sleeve and closed the windows, "Yes! I um just...choked on my saliva," really Elizabeth..that was the best you could do, that's just weird. 

"Ummm okay. I'm gonna get dressed, we should go eat before classes start." She said as she got out of bed.
——————————————————
Potions was a disaster. I tried my best to ignore Draco, but he kept hitting me with paper balls when Snape turned his back. Harry noticed and threw a book at him...which Snape did see and now Harry has detention, but he said it was worth it because it took Draco by surprise. 

When the class was over I wasted no time in running to my next class so Draco couldn't stop me. I now have Flitwick for Charms class which was actually my favorite,  I'm starting to pick up more and more things. The class went by quickly because I mostly chatted with Gracie quietly. Gracie had to stay after class to make up for a test she failed, so I said goodbye and turned around to leave only to run into something that felt familiar. I knew who it was immediately.

"Do you need bloody glasses or something. Maybe you could borrow Harry's like you borrowed part of his scar," he laughed. 

"You are so bipolar. How did you even know I had this class," I said as I moved around him. 

"I know everything," he smirked and followed me down the hall with his hands in black suit pockets.

"You don't know how to write a decent apology letter. Or a thank you letter. And you also don't know how to lie...you followed me and waited outside didn't you," I laughed.